Peg Solitaire Mania is the best peg solitaire game available for iOS. Playing it is a joyful experience, you will need to use your brain to solve all the boards and you can track your progress with Game Center integration.
Peg solitaire is the number one classic board puzzle game for one player (solo) involving movement of pegs (pieces) on a board with holes. It is also known as Solitaire, Hi-Q, Solo Noble, Brainvita, Resta Um and Senku.
The objective is, making valid moves, to empty the entire board except for a solitary peg. A valid move is to jump a peg orthogonally over an adjacent peg into a hole two positions away and then to remove the jumped peg. Thus valid moves in each of the four orthogonal directions are:
* Jump to right;
* Jump to left;
* Jump up;
* Jump down.
The first challenge is to solve the puzzle, and then you can challenge yourself and try to solve it with the minimum number of movements. Each jump is considered a move, multiple jumps with the same peg are considered a single move, so you can keep jumping with the same peg and still count it as a single movement. The game displays the count of how many movements you have made at the top of the screen.
* Multiple board types to select
* Five different board types: English (Standard), European (French), Wiegleb, Asymmetrical (Bell) and Diamond.
* Display game move count
* Quick replay same board
* Give up current game
* Restart current game
* Shows iOS status bar, so you can keep track of other things while playing, for example current time
* Integrated with Game Center, each board you solve will award you an achievement
* Universal app
* Retina display ready, including the new iPad, HD pixel perfect graphics
* Uses the same color theme used by iOS, you will feel at home
* Move pegs by drag and drop
* Show valid places for the selected piece to move to
Relax and enjoy!
The game is entirely free and displays ads, there is no in-app purchase options.