You may be under the impression that the hookup culture only started with Tinder, but you’d be wrong. And although Tinder is most definitely an app you can use for finding a hookup, there are lots of other hookup apps that are just as well suited. If you’re too busy to actually get involved in a long-term relationship, or just don’t want that right now, you probably still want the opportunity for some good quality flings. Check out our list of the best iPhone apps for hookups and forget about going to those dive bars.
The best iPhone apps for hookups
12 Oct 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is a privacy focused sex tracking app. With this sex diary app, you can keep track of your: sexual activities, partners, STDs, STIs, tests, locations, orgasms, duration, protection usage, and more! Track STD / STI test dates and results for you and your partners. Be more informed when engaging with partners. Nice doesn't use an internet connection so you can be sure your data stays on your device and is only seen by you. Nice also integrates with HealthKit by recording your sexual activity! View your sex statistics such as:
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly averages
- Longest, shortest, and average duration
- Your favorite activity, time of day, and day of the week
- Number of times protection was used
- Number of orgasms
- Plenty more!
Sometimes, dating can be very awkward and stressful if expectations are not fulfilled, or, on many occasions, there are just no sparks flying around. Casualx is the best local hookup app for single adults and couples who are looking for a friend with benefits, casual encounters, discreet affair, one-night stand or any other NSA relationships.
- Stop worrying about commitment.
- Find people who want to hook up all over the world.
- LGBTQ+ friendly.
- Unique search filters help you find your perfect match.
Hud™ app is a casual dating and hookup app that is honest about the realities of online dating. hud provides a safe space for you to talk, flirt, or ‘just chill’ with like-minded people. Hud™ is the perfect place to find someone whether you’re travelling, too busy for a relationship or you’re just coming out of one.
- All the fun, without the expectations of a traditional dating app.
- Send and receive photos in messages.
- Photo Protection Blur allows you to be anonymous.
- Join the Hud™ community, with more than 7 million users worldwide.
Tinder is the one that started it all. If you haven’t tried it, this one is how you find connections to singles (and not-so-single) who are interested and live within a certain distance of your location. Just create your profile, choose which Facebook pictures you want to show, and you’ll start seeing potential matches. Swipe left to pass and right if you like them. If you REALLY like them, swipe up for Super Like. If that person likes you back, you are Matched and you can start messaging within the app. Users only get one Super Like each day to use
- Smart Profiles shows you common friends and interests
- Swipe left or right
- Swipe up for Super Like
- Only chat with your Matches
- Free with in-app purchases to upgrade
Date-me gets you back in the dating game in a few simple steps! Simply download this amazing FREE hookup app, make a cool profile, write your preferences and get browsing! This dating app helps you find someone close to you in both location and personality. Unlike most dating apps, all the main functions Date-me has to offer are completely free of charge!
- Send and receiving unlimited in-app messages.
- See who's checked your profile out.
- Instantly see who's added you as a favorite.
- Notifications when Date-me detects mutual attractions.
Forget other hookup apps, Wild is the only free dating app you'll ever need! We have included all of your favorite features into one app and even more! WILD - The Fastest way to meet & date with hot singles in New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Diego, Las Vegas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Philadelphia and other cities in US!
- Powerful search filter: you can look for hookups, casual dating, new friends, or even something serious...
- You can chat for free.
- You can anonymously browse with just a private photo!
- Date with real hot sexy people! Over 65% of users are with verified photos.
DOWN is for people who want a hookup or something more long-term. Every day you will get 10 or more profiles delivered to you and the app starts the conversation by telling your match what you like. It works on the mutual opt-in basis and your location is always kept a secret. The service is free but there are extra optional features that allow you to browse more people every day, make yourself stand out more, and to hide yourself on the app from your Facebook friends. You’ll see if your potential matches have mutual friends, you can find out your DOWN Score to see how hot you are and how you compare to other users, and you can send a secret admirer note to a friend.
- Sign in with Facebook
- Works via mutual opt-in
- Get 10 or more potentials delivered every day
- For hookups or something more serious
- Basic app is free but everything else requires in-app purchase
PURE recognizes that some people can be in a long-term relationship and still want to see other people. You don’t have to sign in with an email address or Facebook, just a selfie. You can submit a meeting request and within an hour the app will send you some options of who wants to meet right now. When you like someone who likes you back, you get one hour to chat and decide where you want to meet. All chat history self-destructs after an hour and all payments re handled by Apple. Cities where the app is used the most are New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, and Moscow.
- Users get a free seven-day trial
- No registration needed, just a selfie
- When you like someone back you get an hour to chat
- Everything is wiped from servers after an hour
- Subscriptions start at $11.99 a week
SinglesAroundMe, aka SAM, is a dating app that wants people to be spontaneous, have fun, and maybe even fall in love. It’s free to join and use, and registration is easy using Facebook. Just swipe through the daily photos of nearby users and like or dislike the photos. You keep a list of all the people you’ve liked, and you can connect with the people who like you back. Sound familiar yet? The app uses your location to show you people within 100 miles of your present location. If you’re traveling soon you can use the Destination Search option to meet people and make arrangements in advance.
- Uses your current location to find people nearby
- Like or dislike users
- Connect with people who like you back
- Use Destination Search to make plans in advance of travel
- Free with in-app purchase