You may be under the impression that the hookup culture only started with Tinder, but you’d be wrong. And although Tinder is most definitely an app you can use for finding a hookup, there are lots of other apps that are just as well suited. If you’re too busy to actually get involved in a long-term relationship, or just don’t want that right now, you probably still want the opportunity for some good quality flings. Check out our list of the best iPhone apps for hookups and forget about going to those dive bars.
The best iPhone apps for hookups
25 Jul 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Hukup is a new app on the market that will certainly add a little spice to your social life. If you are looking to meet some sexy singles in your area, then check out this app. If you match someone then you can start a private chat and arrange a date for as soon as possible. You swipe on potential matches to decide if you like them or not. All swipes are anonymous. You can share daily moments with others and verify that you are a real member. There are subscription packages to get full usage of this app. The subscriptions are auto-renewed. If you want to cut straight to the point and not build up a list of matches that have turned into pen pals, then this app is a great option for you.
- Free app with subscription packages for full features
- Swipe on profiles to match or pass
- There’s an identity verification feature to prove you are a real person
- Share life moments with other members
- Find sexy singles in your area
Hookup Now will introduce you to singles in your city. Start a private chat, arrange a meeting, and who knows? Once you download the app and upload your photo and set a profile, you’ll start seeing profiles of interesting people nearby. You’ll see friends or interests you have in common. It works like Tinder: swipe right if you like, swipe left if you don’t. All of your swipes are anonymous and you won’t get messages from anyone who hasn’t liked you back. Chat inside the app at first and if things go well, It might turn into a date.
- Get introduced to singles in your city
- See profiles of interesting people nearby
- Swipe left for no, right for like
- Get “matched” if someone you like likes you back
- Free with in-app purchases
DOWN is for people who want a hookup or something more long-term. Every day you will get 10 or more profiles delivered to you and the app starts the conversation by telling your match what you like. It works on the mutual opt-in basis and your location is always kept a secret. The service is free but there are extra optional features that allow you to browse more people every day, make yourself stand out more, and to hide yourself on the app from your Facebook friends. You’ll see if your potential matches have mutual friends, you can find out your DOWN Score to see how hot you are and how you compare to other users, and you can send a secret admirer note to a friend.
- Sign in with Facebook
- Works via mutual opt-in
- Get 10 or more potentials delivered every day
- For hookups or something more serious
- Basic app is free but everything else requires in-app purchase
Sudy is the app you want if you’re a rich guy or a hot young woman seeking a mutually beneficial relationship. Most of the members are millionaires, apparently, and powerful people like doctors, lawyers, CEOs, and celebrities looking for younger, beautiful and sexy women. The app works like Tinder where you swipe for yes or no. The app offers three different subscription options depending on if you’re a sugar daddy or a sugar baby. The sugar daddy subscriptions cost more money, of course. Both offer the option of a one-month, three-month, or six-month subscription, with the six-month option being the most cost effective.
- For sugar daddies to meet sugar babies
- Rich and powerful men will meet hot and sexy young ladies
- Swipe left for no, right for yes
- Get in touch with your matches
- Free with in-app subscription options
Mingle2 is a free dating app that gives users tons of free features like the ability to receive and send an unlimited number of nudges, winks, and kisses; the option to receive and send an unlimited number of messages; the ability to add an unlimited number of friends; and more. You can get recommended matches every day, find people looking to date who are nearby, and see who’s online to start chatting with immediately. The app never limits the number of daters with whom you can interact. Like other apps, this one does offer some paid features if you want more than the basic services.
- Free basic services like sending and receiving unlimited nudges/winks/kisses
- Free unlimited messages
- Find daters near you
- Add friends
- Free with in-app subscription for bonus features
Tinder is the one that started it all. If you haven’t tried it, this one is how you find connections to singles (and not-so-single) who are interested and live within a certain distance of your location. Just create your profile, choose which Facebook pictures you want to show, and you’ll start seeing potential matches. Swipe left to pass and right if you like them. If you REALLY like them, swipe up for Super Like. If that person likes you back, you are Matched and you can start messaging within the app. Users only get one Super Like each day to use.
- Smart Profiles shows you common friends and interests
- Swipe left or right
- Swipe up for Super Like
- Only chat with your Matches
- Free with in-app purchases to upgrade
PURE recognizes that some people can be in a long-term relationship and still want to see other people. You don’t have to sign in with an email address or Facebook, just a selfie. You can submit a meeting request and within an hour the app will send you some options of who wants to meet right now. When you like someone who likes you back, you get one hour to chat and decide where you want to meet. All chat history self-destructs after an hour and all payments re handled by Apple. Cities where the app is used the most are New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, and Moscow.
- Users get a free seven-day trial
- No registration needed, just a selfie
- When you like someone back you get an hour to chat
- Everything is wiped from servers after an hour
- Subscriptions start at $11.99 a week
SinglesAroundMe, aka SAM, is a dating app that wants people to be spontaneous, have fun, and maybe even fall in love. It’s free to join and use, and registration is easy using Facebook. Just swipe through the daily photos of nearby users and like or dislike the photos. You keep a list of all the people you’ve liked, and you can connect with the people who like you back. Sound familiar yet? The app uses your location to show you people within 100 miles of your present location. If you’re traveling soon you can use the Destination Search option to meet people and make arrangements in advance.
- Uses your current location to find people nearby
- Like or dislike users
- Connect with people who like you back
- Use Destination Search to make plans in advance of travel
- Free with in-app purchase
If you’re looking for discreet way to hook up with singles, couples, or those in relationships looking for other partners, Have A Fling is an option. You sign up anonymously using an email address or your Facebook login info, edit your profile info as you see fit, upload or remove profile photos, adjust photos to private or public, and then search your matches in your area by age. You can send free Winks and messages, read Winks and messages, and more. Paid packages are sorted into Bronze, Silver, and Gold. You have to have a membership to access all the features.
- Total control over profile and photo shown
- Sign up using email or Facebook
- Hook up with singles, couples, or people already in relationships
- Send and receive Winks and messages
- Have to have a paid membership to access all features
Free Hookup is for everyone: want to chat? Maybe go on a light, casual date? Or perhaps you want a hot and heavy night of passion. You can do any of these things with Free Hookup, with no judgment and no expectations. The app is free to download and use the basic features and offers subscription packages for full access. It’s easy to see your matches, who likes you, and who you’ve “liked” already. You can set the app’s distance parameters; if you don’t get a lot of potentials at first, widen your parameters. Just be wary of fake profiles.
- No judgment
- Use the app for chatting, dating, hookups, or to find long-term romance
- Free to use basic features
- See who likes you, who you like, and who liked you back
- Must subscribe for full features
Meetville boasts as being unlike Tinder in the way that you’re meant to use the app to “go on real dates and find your life partner.” The app offers smart matching based on values, psychological compatibility, and common interests. You see detailed profiles of users along with large photos, and you can use likes, favorite options, and send winks. Like many of the other dating apps, this one is free to download and try, but the full list of features is only available via subscription. What are you waiting for? Check out the list of singles near you; you’ll see new profiles every day.
- Find your life partner
- Invest the time to create a profile that tells potential matches what you’re all about
- Send winks
- Find a compatible person based on mutual values and interests
- Free with in-app subscription options