The iPad has totally changed the face of interior design. Whether the plans are to change the color on the walls or to totally re-do a room, the iPad takes concepts out of the imagination and can actually show you how the finished results will look. iPad interior design apps can help home decorators try different designs, arrangements, and paint colors before committing with the real thing. Have a look at our list of the best iPad apps for interior design.
The best iPad apps for interior design
5 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
With this home design app, it is pretty easy to design, decorate, and personalize the home of your dreams with the #1 FREE home design game! Cozy country cabin, or modern mansion? You decide, you design! Dream big, decorate for success, and become the world’s most celebrated designer! Antique Mansions, Rustic Cottages, Beach Chalets, and Modern Art Masterpieces! What's your dream home?
Home Design Story is the BEST looking, most customizable, FREE home design game for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Personalize Your Home with an enormous selection of stylish pieces! Choose from retro, deco, vintage, and more
- Beautify your home with stunning Victorian wallpaper, bamboo floors, and modern art!
- Decorate to raise your home value and unlock new design pieces!
- Landscape a serene garden and patio paradise, add fountains and exotic plants!
- Socialize with your friends! visit neighbors for design inspiration, or invite them over to show off!
- Achieve designer fame through captivating storylines! impress the press, hire photographers, and get rich!
- Sharp, stunning graphics, animations, and sounds make your dream home a reality!
- Free weekly updates introduce new items, styles, and storylines!
Home Design 3D - Free offers you a chance to try the reference application Home Design 3D. You can check out the possibilities offered by the full app and test the functionality without limit. The only difference is that you cannot save projects in the free version. If you decide you want to save, you can make the in-app purchase and save your creation. You can draw rooms, add single and small walls, and create openings in 2D. Drag and drop to change the exterior and interior of your home, import any plan and display it on the background, share your plan via Dropbox, and sync your project among various devices.
- 2D or 3D mode
- Easy-to-use interface
- Huge variety of features
- Share on the website
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
Design Home offers a fun game mechanic to designing spaces. Scroll through thousands of design ideas, furniture, and art works to design the perfect room. Choose colors and materials for your inner interior designer and submit your concepts to get votes. The best part is everything you can use in game to design your space can be purchased for your own home. This interactive app gives you a game but offers so much more.
- Unlock rewards as you polish your interior decorating skills
- The developer focuses on this app intently.
- Use facebook to connect and borrow furnishings from your friends.
A revolutionary app that lets you build floor plans. The roomscan scans exteriors, yards, gardens, rooms, floors, walls and builds your floor plan in real time. Feel free to export and save these plans as PDFs, DXFs, Flyplan files, and other file types. This app cleverly allows you to touch your phone to the walls to gather measurements, scan with augmented reality, or use manual drawing with lase guided precision.
- Trade your tape measure in and get this powerful app at the tap of your phone
- One of a kind app for many different industries.
- Responsive development company
This app will help discover the most inspired and beautiful furniture and decor for the home and beyond. Whether it's a well-established brand or a local upstart, this app has got users covered with a variety of furniture designs. Purchases can be made from within the app and orders are tracked easily. Sales begin at noon EST each day; users will be notified for it if they so wish. Users can gather a database of their favorite furniture and share it with friends, family, colleagues or even their interior designer for collaboration and opinions.
- Modern furniture for the home and more
- Big and small brands
- Order and track from within the app
- Alerts for sales
- Collaborate and collect favorites
Are you an interior designer or Pinterest champion? This app showcases to the inner project manager in everyone. Build collages, layouts, and discover new ideas to help you build your mood boards. With this app, build your boards with furniture, inspiration and design boards from around the world. Visualize your layouts by removing backgrounds, layer products, and compare ideas side by side. Discover the 1000’s of ideas out there to make the perfect space!
- Show off your work in a stunning format
- Work interactively with your team and potential clients
- This developer has a great creative suite of apps.
Houzz Interior Design Ideas has what you need to make improvements to your home's interior and exterior. There are over eight million photos of home exteriors and interiors that you can browse by location, style, and room. See what you like? Save and share. There are over a million active home improvement pros on hand to help you make your dreams a reality. Need product ideas? There are millions here to inspire you. This app is perfect for those looking for ideas on building their dream home or changing up their existing homes, both inside and out.
- Eight million photos of exteriors and interiors
- Browse by style, location, and room
- Save and share photos you like
- Get in touch with architects, interior designers, and contractors
- See different home items like lamps, tables, and more
The Virtual Interior Design Home Decoration Tool allows you to virtually decorate your home with images of actual designer furniture. Just take a photo of any room and place real designer furniture so you can brainstorm home décor ideas without breaking the bank. Want to see what an antique desk would look like in that corner? Go ahead. Want to try out some different lighting options? You can do that, too. There are hundreds of mirrors, paintings, and pieces of furniture for you to try. Once you're happy with your image you can share it through your choice of social media networks.
- Hundreds of lighting, painting, mirror, and furniture items to choose from
- Try unique items from top designer brands
- Take a photo of your room and place different décor items and furniture
- Save your ideas as decoration idea cards
- Get quotes from designers and vendors