How do you go about meeting people and expanding that group of friends that you have? Sometimes it can be difficult as you don’t always know where to go to meet new faces and let’s face it, it can be pretty intimidating to walk up to a complete stranger and start a conversation. Don't worry, because these next apps have you covered and will have you meeting new people in no time! You'll be able to not only chat with them, but can even meet up with in person if you want.
The best iPad apps for finding people
12 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Nation Finder app for iPad is designed for travellers and expats living in a foreign country to help them find other expats nearby, get some advice, help with some problems, find jobs, or just socialize with each other.
This people finder app for iPad also serves as a good dating tool. You can filter people not only by age, sex or distance. But also choose nationality and language of the partner. Polish people in Germany and the UK have more than 30k active users at the moment.
- Filter search by different criteria
- Meet new people nearby or where-else
- Offers fast and free chat tool
- Start new friendship
Find your friends and family's current location and keep them safe with this family finding app for iPad. Carpin is a tracking app and a family finder that aims to inform the real-time location and your safety to your family and friends even if they are not available to answer your call. With the Family Finder iPad app, you can track their current location on a map. You can also share your current location with your friends and your family to let them know that you have arrived at your destination.
- Pin Locations: you can track when your family and friends arrive or leave locations.
- GPS Tracker: you can view your family members' location history.
- SOS Notifications: In case of emergency, you can send or receive SOS emergency message
- Battery Notification: Carpin sends you notification of your family and friends’ battery percentage. You can track their phone battery percentage.
- Check-In: You can check-in with your family and friends by sharing your location, send a text or photos to your family.
Explore for free the family and friend finder app for iPad - Life360. Download this friend finding app for iPad and get started with advanced Location Sharing, 2 days of Location History, and 2 Place Alerts to see family members come and go from your top places like home, school, and work. Protect your drivers and passengers and respond to a car crash faster with automatic Crash Detection, and stay safe on the go with automated SOS. Life360 membership offers a wide range of all-new services. Highlights include:
- SOS to send a silent alert with your location to family members, emergency contacts, and responders
- 24/7 Emergency dispatch that’s always on call for your entire family.
- Family Safety Assist for comprehensive real-time specialist support anytime, anywhere
- Identity Theft Protection to safeguard each family member’s sensitive digital information and white glove restoration service, including up to $1M in coverage
Shapr Business Networking app for iPad selects for you each day, people to connect with. Whether you’re seeking friends, recruiters, mentors or employees, each swipe is a new opportunity and a new discovery.
This people finding app for iPad is ideal for entrepreneurs seeking cofounders and ideas, professionals exploring career changes or job opportunities, building contacts within their industry, people new to a city seeking friends, and anyone who wants to break up their day by chatting with like-minded and inspiring people!
- Create your account with your status (entrepreneur, freelancer, student..), place of work and professional goals.
- Select the career fields you’re most interested in (communication, marketing, sales, finance, engineering …)
- Have a look to the personalized contacts list that is made for you every day
- When you are interested in the profile, just swipe and start talking with inspiring people
- Then, you can chat, discover your mutual interest and build a durable relationship
If you're looking to expand your social circle so you've got that many more people to hang out with and have fun with then the Skout app can help you out. Through this app you'll be able to meet new people, chat with them, and then meet them in person. Skout represents people all around the world so no matter where you are you'll be able to find people to connect with. You'll be able to find people based on your location and your preferences and from there you can start chatting with them. Browse through the user profiles whenever you want, see who has been looking at your profile, and even save your favorite people.
- Meet people anywhere in the world
- Meet people based on your current location and the preferences you have set
- Chat with those you meet
- Create a list of Favorite people
- Browse through the profiles of others
- See who is looking at your profile
When it comes to meeting new people the Tinder app is right up there as one of the most popular. Not only is there a good chance your friends are using it but even celebrities talk about it. This is meant to be a user-friendly and fun way to meet people. Tinder will make recommendations of people it thinks you should meet and you can either swipe to the left to pass on them or swipe to the right to like them. It's that easy. Those people then have a chance to pass or like you and if you both pick "like" then a match is made. Matches can chat with each other and see if there is a potential for friendship there.
- Tinder makes recommendations of people you should meet
- You can either pass or like the people it has recommended
- If someone you like chooses "like" back then a match is made
- Matches can chat with one another
It seems as though cupid does exist in the form of the OkCupid Dating app, which can help you find that perfect match. Online dating has never been easier or more fun and what's cool is that you aren't left on your own to figure things out. The app has its own way of calculating matches and provides you with a list of these matches. You'll be able to receive and send an unlimited amount of free messages and you can also check out who is interested in your profile. You can sign up for a subscription package that gets you even more features, allowing you to be that much more social.
- The app uses its own algorithm to make matches and provides you with a list
- You have the ability to receive and send as many messages as you want for free
- There are a number of added tools and features available when you subscribe
You've heard of that saying i"t's a small world," well, the Badoo app sets out to prove that saying. With this app you'll be able to find people who you have unknowingly or knowingly crossed paths with but haven't officially met. Perhaps you share mutual friends, you frequent the same coffee shop in the morning, you ride the same train home after work, or you both share a love of the same art museum. It’s that common thread that can spark a new friendship. The app can show you how many times you've bumped into each other and if you both show you're interested then you can chat with each other.
- Discover whose path you cross on a regular or time-to-time basis
- See how many times you’ve crossed paths
- If you both like each other you can start chatting
- The app is user-friendly and engaging and the user interface is sleek and modern
How many times have you noticed that stranger in your favorite restaurant, sharing the same walk to the office as you, or maybe on campus at the same time, and you've wished you could meet him or her? The happn app is aptly named as it can make meeting those strangers whose paths you cross with "happen." Who knows where the relationship can lead, but first you need to start chatting. The app will help you find out who it is you cross paths with, view their profiles, check out when you last crossed paths, how many times you've crossed paths, and show them you are interested. If they are interested back then you can start to chat.
- The app will help you figure out who you have crossed paths with
- See when you last crossed paths and how many times you crossed paths
- View that person’s profile
- Show that you like them
- Start a convo if the person likes you back
The Wekho app is dedicated to filling your curiosity about interesting things that are going on. You'll be able to find out what cool things are happening in your own home town, a city you love to visit, or even where your best friend lives. The idea is that you see things through other people's eyes. You can like things and other community members will like things and this is how the information is curated and shared. The user interface is kept pretty basic so that you can browse and discover items with ease.
- The user interface is engaging and user-friendly
- You will see what’s happening around you from another person’s eyes and get the story from their point of view, which can be totally different
- You can like things so that others can discover them
- You can discover cool things that others are posting
Would you like to find a way to meet new people who share the same interests as you? That's the idea behind the MeetMe app that gives users a chance to chat with others who share their interests. The app currently has more than 100 million people so finding like-minded individuals is pretty easy. Even if you find it hard to chat with people, face-to-face chatting through this app is a totally different experience that is fun, entertaining, and isn't intimidating in the least. Before you know it you will have created a brand-new circle of friends.
- The app makes it possible to meet and chat with people who share your interests
- There are 100 million users of the app all around the world
- This is a great opportunity to meet new people in a way that isn’t scary or intimidating
- The user interface helps to make the experience that much more fun