Thanks to apps there has never been an easier and faster way to track your route whether on foot, bike, or in a car. The following collection of apps vary quite a bit from each other and provide users with the user-friendly and quick tools and features they need to navigate, track their route, and even share their route with others if they choose. It’s just a matter of finding that one that meets your needs.
The best iPhone apps for route tracking
22 Dec 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This free Trip planner app will help you arrange your journey and visualize it. Road Trip Planner Viewer allows you to view Road Trip Planner files on your Apple device. Create and edit your files with Road Trip Planner for iOS or OS X, and then anyone can view the files with this app.
While you can edit the files with this app, you cannot save your edits. Our iOS app Road Trip Planner at the App Store is virtually identical to this app and allows you to save your edits.
- See the routes and time travel
- Create and edit your trip files
- Save your edits
Sometimes the place to look for the most helpful traffic information is to the people who are out there driving the streets. The Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic app is a community-based navigation and traffic tool. The way it works is that members drive around with the app open so it can collect real-time data that is then available to all the other members. Of course if you see any road problems, hazards, or accidents you can also report them. As you drive you'll be able to find the cheapest gas prices, you'll get road alerts should any pop up, you can send your arrival time and current location to people, you'll get live maps, and you'll have turn-by-turn voice guided navigation. Waze app review
- Access real-time community-based traffic information
- Leave the app on as you drive around in order to provide real-time information to others
- Get road alerts
- Get turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Find the cheapest gas prices on your route
- Share your arrival time and current location with people
If you like to go out for a run, ride, hike or any adventure outside, you’ll love Relive. And it’s free! Millions of runners, cyclists, hikers, skiers, snowboarders and other adventurers are using Relive to share their activities with 3D video stories. Show what it was like out there, create amazing stories and share your passion with friends. Enjoy Relive for free!
- Just go out, track your activity, take some photos and enjoy the moment.
- Relive works with just your phone, as well as with many other tracker apps.
- Turn your activity into a video story.
- Share your videos with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more.
Rather than using an app that has to refer to Google why not download the actual Google Maps app? This app features accurate and up-to-date maps for a whopping 220 territories and countries all around the world making it perfect while you're at home and traveling. The app features maps and transit directions for more than 15,000 towns and cities, and you can take advantage of the voice-guided GPS navigation when you're driving, walking, biking, and hiking. The street view is really cool for getting that up close look at locations and places and the live traffic conditions will help you reach your destination with ease. The app is able to automatically re-route in order to keep you on the ideal route. Google Maps app review
- The app supports 220 territories and countries from all around the world
- The app provides GPS voice-guided navigation whether you’re traveling by car, foot, or bike
- The app will automatically re-route you in order to give you the ideal path
- There are live traffic conditions
- You can check out the street view of a location
inRoute Route Planner is a fabulous GPS navigation app that considers real-time weather conditions. Users can select a route between two or more locations, and then select a course based upon weather and other factors which may be important. The app provides information as to weather, daylight, elevation, and more, so that you can get to your destination via the safest possible route. This app is perfect for cyclists, motorcycles, or even those who simply prefer to avoid driving in inclement weather. You can export routes to Apple Maps and Google Maps. The app also stores your route history, so you’ll never have to enter the same route twice. inRoute app review
- GPS navigation app
- Real-time weather conditions
- Perfect for cyclists, motorcyclists, and more
- Stores route history
- Export to Apple Maps and Google Maps
For commercial users, the Route4Me app is the clear industry leader. The number of features and value of them all saves businesses a lot of time, labor and money. Widely used by logistic companies like UPS, DHL, Fedex and Amazon. It also has uses for contractors and employees like sales staff out on the road. Planning, navigation and keeping track of progress are the key features in the amazing app. Route4me for iPad app review
- Sorts your stops in to the most efficient route
- Change the plan and get instant changes in the route
- Voice navigation as you cover the route
- Get accurate reports on miles to travel and how long the route will take
The Footpath route planner is used mostly for hiking and mountaineering but is also perfect many activities including Cycling, walking, skiing, kayaking and of course motorcycling and driving. The easy to use interface requires the gentlest of finger movements to plan custom and regular routes. Manage routes in custom lists for easy planning.
- Map routes with your finger
- Measure distances by tracing a map
- Save routes for later use
- Share routes with friends or workout partners
- Export routes and workouts to Apple Health
This app will help you hit up all your sales leads while reducing your travel time and cost using the in-app route optimizer. Excel spreadsheets or CRM can be managed in-app. Follow up with clients from within the app and add new pins to share them with team members. You can also track the location of your team and check out updates on their progress while they are on the field.
- Reduce travel time and cost
- Excel spreadsheet and CRM support
- Follow up with clients
- Add new pins and share to your team
- Track your team members' location and progress
Pretty much everyone is familiar with MapQuest as it's been around for quite a few years. Now you can have all the same conveniences on your mobile device thanks to the MapQuest app. This app comes in handy for a number of different uses such as providing you with GPS voice-guided navigation to your destination. Not only will the app help you get to your destination it can do so with the best directions possible and taking into account the amount of stops you need to make, getting around accidents, construction, and more. Additional features include getting up to three possible routes to choose from, you can search for points of interest on your route, you're able to bookmark frequently used addressed, you can access Yelp, and more. MapQuest App Review
- The app provides you with three different routes to choose from
- Receive GPS voice-guided navigation to your destination
- Check out points of interest on your route
- Bookmark addresses you use often
Get a route planner that adapts to the changing circumstances of real life with Road Warrior. Create a route, add numerous destinations, and count on the app to consider real-life factors like traffic, your schedule, and customer availability. Road Warrior has a huge community of users who depend upon it for its superior ability to handle multiple changing factors. Because of its efficient route planning, Road Warrior is used by couriers, delivery drivers, sales representatives, and anyone else who needs to manage in-car travel time. Users can choose from numerous options like round-trip, loop, or plan specifically around a particular time window.
- Route planner
- Handles multiple destinations
- Accounts for traffic
- Used by professionals
- Free route planning app for iPhone
Route tracking apps provide many purposes for users. Whether you are trying to monitor gas mileage, find the fastest route to work or school, see how many miles you have biked, or any other related purpose, route tracking apps have a wonderful impact on our daily lives. The Protrack GPS app has proven to be a solid option in the route tracking niche with its tracking functions via GPS on your iDevice. The app uses its own unique tracking system to allow you to track in realtime your route, your target and also view all pertinent info or replay the history of the route.
- A free route tracking app
- Uses GPS to track, GPS stays on in background
- Track your route in real time
- Replay the history of a route
- View all pertinent info for a tracked route