When it comes to gaming, some of the most challenging ones are the logic-based games. While these ones don’t always have the fanciest and slickest graphics, most in-depth stories, and a bevy of characters, they do force you to think through your moves, strategize, and often leave you puzzled or searching for help. Here’s a collection of logic-based games that are sure to entertain you with a variety of themes and goals.
The best logic games for iPhone
8 Feb 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Enjoy Zuzu, the best logic puzzle app - a binary puzzle game that tests your logic and skill! If you like Sudoku puzzles, you will love Zuzu!
Your goal is to fill in the board using only logical determination, similar to Sudoku. Tap a tile on the board to set or change its color. Like the binary number system in general, there are only two tile colors, orange (0) and blue (1). Zuzu games begin with an unfinished grid that must be filled in correctly according to three rules listed below.
- Strategies of different levels of complexity
- Track your best and average solve times over history
- Play on your phone and tablet
- Enjoy online or in offline mode
The Flow Free® app is a simple yet addictive puzzle game. Connect matching colors with pipe to create a Flow®. Pair all colors, and cover the entire board to solve each puzzle. But watch out, pipes will break if they cross or overlap. So, give Flow Free a try, and experience "mind like water. Flow Free App Review
- Over 2,500 free levels available in Free Play mode, and new Daily Puzzles every day
- 10 different board sizes
- Track your completion of each level in Free Play mode
- Clean vector graphics and animations
It’s time to play smarter and feel sharper with Peak, the app that was chosen as Best App 2014 in over 24 countries around the world. Join millions of brain trainers worldwide and see what the fuss is all about. Reach Peak performance with over 40 unique games, each one developed by neuroscientists and game experts to challenge your cognitive skills and push you further. Peak - Brain Training app review
- Free games that challenge your Memory, Attention, Mental Agility, Language, Coordination, Creativity and many more
- Compete with friends by comparing your brainmap and game performance
- Get access to Peak Advanced Training Plans
- Available for Apple Watch with 3 games that assess your memory and attention
If you love mind games, check out REBUS, which is touted as being an “absurd logic game” with stylish graphics and “crisp insanity.” No matter if you want to play for two minutes or two hours, it will require you to make associations, use your best logic skills, and get your brain working! Its smooth gameplay, pleasing design, and good mix of difficulty levels will make you come back for more. Some of the puzzles are super easy, most are challenging, and some are downright impossible. This one will require some extremely creative thinking for sure.
- Good variety of difficulty levels
- Encourages creative thinking
- Eye-pleasing design
- Smooth gameplay
- Free with in-app purchases
Brain Teasers 3 will help you keep your brain healthy with its addictive puzzles. All you have to do is place the colored blocks into a big rectangle at the top of the puzzle, using your finger. Sound easy? It really isn’t. If you like solving puzzles, you’re going to enjoy this app with 90 levels. You can share your high scores to Twitter and Facebook too, if you want to boast to your friends. There are different levels of difficulty from which to choose. Start out with the easy levels to learn how to play and go from there. What will be your high score?
- Use your logic skills
- Move the colored blocks
- More difficult than it looks
- Share scores to social media
- Free logic game for iPhone
100 Logic Games will give you more than 100 games to test your brain power. You can choose from a wide range of difficulty levels, sizes of puzzles, and more. Save your progress, use hints, restart, and undo. If you have some spare time and want to use your brain, play Parks, Snail, Skyscrapers, Hidden Path, Masyu, Hitori, Hidden Stars, Box It Up, and many more. There are more than 10,000 puzzle levels in all, and you get auto-save and quick resumption of games if you decide to quit for a while and go back. The app is free but you can pay to remove the ads for $7.99
- Over 100 logic games
- Work your brain
- Many levels of difficulty
- Different puzzle sizes
- Free with in-app purchase to remove ads
Here’s an app that will put your logic puzzle solving skills to the test. You must work your way through levels of puzzles by using logic and deduction. Each level gets more difficult and you can work your way up the Leaderboards. Measure yourself against other players and invite your friends to join. There are achievements to earn, over 100 free puzzles to solve and many in-app purchases for additional puzzle packs. Although the gameplay is very simple, the puzzles will definitely provide the challenge that you desire.
- Solve logical puzzles
- Each puzzle gets more difficult
- There are over 100 free puzzles
- Global leaderboards and achievements
- In-app purchases for puzzle packs
Imagine being stuck in an eerie and creepy room and you need to solve a series of puzzles in order to escape? That's the exact premise with The Room Pocket app. In this game you will be moving through a series of rooms that are filled with clues you need to find and then piece together in order to solve the mystery. It's great for quick gameplay here and there, or you can find yourself completely lost in it for hours. The 3D graphics are beautiful and help to draw you in and the challenge of the mysteries will often leave you baffled. As the designer explains this one has many layers to it, and you'll soon discover that for yourself.
- Work your way through the rooms
- Beautiful 3D graphics
- Find the clues and use them to solve the mystery
- This one can keep you busy for hours
Isn't it funny how some of the most basic looking games can end up being the most challenging and the most fun? The Can You Escape app is a perfect example of this. This one offers eight free rooms and then two bonus ones. You need to look around the rooms and find the hidden objects that can then be used to solve the puzzle. Once you solve the puzzle you will move on to the next floor. Some of the floors will be easier to solve than others, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting stuck as you move through them. Can You Escape app review
- There are eight free rooms
- There are two bonus rooms
- Find the hidden objects and use them to solve the puzzle
- The rooms very in difficulty
- The game is challenging and addictive
Who says kids can't enjoy the fun of logic games? The Where's My Water? 2 app is one that has been designed by Disney specifically for kids, but adults can have just as much fun with this one. This is the sequel to the original game and differs by offering a selection of new locations. There are more than 100 levels and now there is a Challenge mode to enjoy. The premise is the same as the first; you must guide the fresh water, steam, and purple water to where it should be depending on what the Swampy's friends and him need. Guiding the water and steam uses logic, puzzle-solving skills, and will test their understanding of physics.
- A logic-based game for kids
- Uses physics
- All the original characters are back with new locations
- Guide the fresh water, steam, and purple water through the puzzles
Step into the future with the Machinarium app. This is a game that has a very unique and odd look to it, so much so that you'll find it's hard to put down. It’s actually won a number of awards for its artwork, which is obvious the moment you launch it. This is a world of machines and your job is piece together the many puzzles that you encounter and you will be building all kinds of things. This one can be quite challenging and often the graphics are mature in nature so it's not recommended for players under the age of 12. Machinarium app review
- A strange and unique world awaits
- The characters are all machines
- You will be solving puzzles and testing out your building skills
- The game has won awards for its illustrations and its gaming
Are you a fan of puzzles? If so the Cross Fingers app can provide you with the kind of gameplay you love and offers up some pretty big challenges. There are an incredible 840 levels to solve here so you have many hours of puzzle-solving ahead of you. This one will put to the test your brain of course as well as your imagination skills as you work to put all the solid pieces together in this tangram puzzle. If you want to be able to replay the levels an unlimited amount of time you can unlock Arcade Mode and work at getting the top score.
- Solve the 840 tangram puzzles
- The puzzles will test your problem solving skills, reflexes, mind, and speed
- You can unlock the Arcade Mode for even more fun
- The game controls are simple to pick up on
Sometimes you just feel like a classic kind of game and when that's the case you can check out the Sudoku ∙ app. You've got four levels of difficulty here making it great for beginner and advanced players. If you happen to think of yourself as a gifted player be sure to check out the "Impossible" level. You've got a number of options available to you here such as being able to turn off or on the timer, you can use your right or left hand, and the screen won't turn off while you play even if you are taking a long time to make your next move. You won't lose your progress since your turn is saved and the game will ensure you don't enter the same numbers more than once.
- The classic numbers game
- There are four levels of difficulty
- Players can take advantage of a number of smart features