Tattoos are an incredibly personal thing and with that said, most people give a lot of time and thought to the ones they choose to have. The following apps are dedicated to the art of tattoos and can be used for inspiration, ideas, and motivation to go ahead with one you’ve had in your mind for a while. It’s a wonderful way to appreciate the art form and see what others are creating.
The best iPad apps for tattoos
13 Apr 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is a tattoo design app.
In this Tattoo app for iPad you will find millions of HD tattoo designs in more than 180 categories.
You can save, email or share on Facebook with friends.
- Edit your tattoo images to make beautiful wallpaper photos
- Professionally designed interface
- Browse millions of images without any interruptions or ads
Tattoo Designs Photo Editor has many patterns and decorations you can put on your body as photo stickers and try on various tattoo designs free of charge and without pain. Put some ink on your skin and see which design suits your body best. It's very easy to fool your friends that you have a real tattoo on your body with this simple tattoo app.
- Body stickers to add to your pics
- A great number of designs and ideas
- Take a selfie, or choose the one you already have
- Apply the stickers, scale, enlarge, make them fit your body
With this tattoo app, you will decide on your perfect tattoo! Browse through millions of HD tattoo designs in more than 180 categories, and find your own style to suit you. See what’s trending with regular updates from industry professionals! Share your own profile with your friends and family and get their advice and opinions, as well as your followers!
- Get weekly updates on the latest tattoo designs and trends.
- Edit, save, email or share on Facebook with friends.
- Professionally designed interface that makes browsing photos fast and enjoyable.
- Download the pro version to go ad free and get more categories.
This app will help you visualize the tattoo on your body as you upload your own photo from your camera roll and try out one of the 90+ tattoo designs on it. It also includes more than 40 fonts which you can use in case you want a text tattoo. Users can rotate, move, and scale the tattoo to their liking and even change the transparency and color to find out exactly how it would look on them. With social media integration, you can share your design and get the opinion of your friends and family.
- 90+ tattoo designs to choose from
- 40+ fonts to choose from
- Change the color and transparency of the tattoo
- Move the tattoo around, scale it, and rotate to your liking
- Social media integration
Here's another photo-editing app that will let you work with your own picture to see how a tattoo would look on you... or your friend, your parents, your dog? Import photos from your camera roll and begin adding tattoos of your choice onto the photo. There are various packs available via in-app purchases for $4.99 each or $14.99 for all five packs. Users can add multiple tattoos onto a single image, and then scale, rotate, flip, or re-order their tattoos.
- Import photos from camera roll
- Add more than one tattoo on a single image
- Scale, rotate, flip, and re-order tattoos
- Share your ideas via social media
- Free app with IAP tattoo packs
Whether you are a tattoo artists or a newbie tattoo enthusiast, this app for tattoos will bring you one of the premier tattoo magazines to your fingertips. Tattoo Kultur shows off the work done by various tattoo artists and pros so you can understand what goes on in the ink world. There are also tattooed models featured in the magazine so you can get inspired or simply enjoy the view! Users can sign up for a yearly subscription of $30.99 and the renewal will be automatic, or in-app purchases for separate issues can be made for 99 cents each.
- Inside peek at the world of ink
- Learn about tattoo artists and professionals
- Features tattoo models
- Purchase individual issues
- Yearly subscription available
This awesome app integrates the inspiration of almost a million tattoos, with the support of an online community, where you can build your own profile and follow the artists you love, the works of art that move you. The app will automatically customize the home feed to bring you the tattoos you would love. You can also choose to browse by category of artist, style, motifs, or body parts, and pin the ones you love to your profile. Furthermore, there is a built in search function that can help you zero in on the kind of tattoo you're looking for.
- Custom home feed
- Browse by category
- Built in search function
- Includes a tattoo studio directory with appointment request options
- Build your profile and follow the artists you love