There are a number of reasons you may want to monitor your heart; from health issues to trying to lose weight but that doesn’t mean you want to rush out and buy an expensive heart monitor medical device. Instead you can take a look at this collection of apps, all of which are able to monitor your heart along with other insightful features that can work together to paint a clear picture of your cardiovascular health.
The best iPhone apps for heart monitoring 2021
24 Jun 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is a heart monitoring app for iPhone. A fully functional heart rate monitor in the palm of your hand! This heart rate monitor is not a prank, it actually works! By placing your finger on the camera of your phone, the app monitors color changes that are related to your pulse and delivers highly accurate heart rate data. This cardiograph heart rate app is constantly tested by doctors, nurses and fitness professionals and it really works! With this app you can:
- Check your heart rate
- Check a real time PPG graph which shows your every heartbeat
- Monitor your cardio workouts in real time
Measure heart rate and stress with the Welltory Heart Rate Monitor app, a smart health tracking app loved by 2 million users. See fitness & lifestyle trends by connecting data from your other gadgets and apps. This is one of the best apps for heart rate monitoring and is featured by TechCrunch, Product Hunt, & Lifehacker. Welltory is free to download and use. With the upgrade to Welltory Pro, there are two auto-renewing subscriptions: $12.99 per month, $79.99 per year (only $6.67 a month).
- Provides new insights from your Apple Watch fitness data
- 120+ supported data sources to connect for day-to-day data heart rate monitoring
- Track your workout performance
- 30+ tests on cognitive abilities, mental health, personality
- Daily reports to sum up the day
Never miss a beat with our heart rate app and your iPhone. No other devices needed! Simply place your finger on the camera to measure your heart rate. Receive reminders to check your pulse and track your heart rate on a daily basis so you can stay healthy and fit. Get your stress levels under control and your negative emotional reactions identified and leveled.
- Measure your heart rate using your fingertip and camera
- Use Calendar to monitor your blood pressure
- Export and share your heart rate history
- Get daily, weekly, or monthly reports
- Add tags and comments to your measurements
- Integrate with Apple Health, and your pulse measurements will be sent to the Health app, making it even easier for you to keep track of your heart and overall health.
There's no need for expensive hardware and tools just to get your heart rate because the Instant Heart Rate app provides you with an instant reading. This app uses your device's flash to get the reading and it's no wonder that this one has more than 35 million downloads. You won’t find all kinds of tools and features here, this one is dedicated to providing you with quick, accurate, and easy to read heart rate readings. The real-time chart is cool to view how your heart rate changes each minute. You can store your data and even export it if you like.
- The app has more than 35 million users
- There is a real-time chart that shows your heart rate
- Place your finger over your device’s camera for a quick and simple reading
- Export the data if you like
- Save your data
Instant Heart Rate app review
Heart Graph not only shows you your real-time heart rate, but you can use this app to see how it changes over a period of time. Use it to figure out how your body responds to training. Track your heart rate every day before, during, and after training, and first upon waking, over a period of months and see how your heart rate improves with exercise. See how trends in your heart rate can indicate when you will become sick or overtrained. Notice trends in training, share your workout data with friends, and turn your phone to landscape to maximize the screen area for graphs.
- Record your HR in background while you use other apps
- Review workouts offline
- Integrates with Health
- Share results
- Free with in-app purchases for premium features or ad-free use
If cardio is your exercise of choice then there are ways you can get the most out of the activity that involves measuring your heart rate. The Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor + 7 Minute Workout Exercise Routine for Cardio Health and Fitness app makes it possible to first take your heart rate and then start tracking these rates and monitoring them so you get a picture of your health. It doesn't stop there, this app even provides you with a seven-minute cardio workout that features 12 different exercises. Don't worry: the exercises are well explained.
- Take your heart rate
- Keep track of your readings
- Get to know your personal health and how exercises affect your heart rate
- The app features a seven-minute cardio workout
- There are 12 exercises in the workout
- The exercises all include detailed instructions
Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor app review: measure your heart rate-2021
Who says you can't monitor your health just like the professionals would? This is exactly the basis behind the Cardiograph app. This app makes it possible to take your heart rate by using your device's camera and placing your fingertip on it. You'll instantly be able to see your heart's rhythm. The app lets you set up various profiles so you can all keep track of your data, you can include the location that the measurement was taken, and add notes. Each person's history of measurements is stored and you can go back and take a look at it anytime. The data can be shared and printed.
- Set up multiple profiles
- Keep a history of each person’s readings
- Add location and notes to the reading
- All data can be shared and printed
- The app is user-friendly
Cardiograph: Heart Rate Pulse Measurement for iPad app review
Because no one likes to think about emergency situations we can often find ourselves unprepared should such a situation arise. The PulsePoint app is about arming users with a tool that can essentially save their life in the case of cardiac arrest. The way the app works is that you notify if you need help and anyone who is in the area or located nearby that has professional CPR training is notified. These citizens can then react quickly since they are in the area and the app will even direct them to the nearest closest Automated External Defibrillator (AED) that is available for public use.
- Get help and offer help when needed
- The app notifies anyone with professional CPR training if someone needs their assistance
- The app can direct people to the nearest AED that is available for public use
PulsePoint app review: view local medical emergencies in real time 2021
Now the entire family can track their blood pressure with the Blood Pressure Monitor - Family Lite app. This one allows users track their heart rate readings in a simple and complete way. The app also acts as a weight health monitor, which plays into your heart health. The user interface has been set up to be very simple to understand so you can quickly input your data and then start finding correlations as they make themselves known. You can sync the data between all your devices and it can draw a chart using your personal information.
- Monitor your heart rate readings
- Monitor your weight
- Start to find correlations in various activities and factors
- The app keeps track of your readings in its history
- Sync the data to all your devices
- View your data on a chart