Whether you are an aspiring musician or just want to record you and your friends singing and playing music, you'll definitely want to check out our list of the best studio recording apps for your iPad. These apps will help you create music, write music, add effects and filters, record and mix multiple tracks, double up as a microphone and more. One of these apps might just make you the next Internet sensation.
The best studio recording apps for iPad
20 Aug 2021, by Christine Pamintuan
This is the Studio recording app for iPad that enables you to record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch. The Audio Evolution Mobile Studio app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
- Multitrack audio recording / playback
- MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
- Drum pattern editor (including triplets)
- Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
- Flexible effect routing: an unlimited number of effects can be placed on a grid, featuring parallel effect paths.
- Assign LFO's to effect parameters or lock parameters to tempo
Ferrite, the best studio recording app, is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voiceovers and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With its time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
- Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them
- Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones
- Import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox
- Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them
- At any time, you can undo what you have already done in your project
Record music anywhere, add professional quality effects, edit and mix your music to perfection with Spire. This app will make your tracks sound better than ever and offers many editing tools to let your creativity run wild. With simple touch gestures, it’s easy to make edits and use the app. Collaborate with others, share your finished song with others, export tracks and more. Record and mix multiple tracks on your iPad and create the next big Internet hit.
- Record music, Multiple tracks
- Professional quality effects, Increased clarity
- Easy to edit tracks, Collaborate with others
- Export options, Share with others
- Simple touch gestures
Many of us never had a chance to get our hands on and work with musical instruments early on in life. Now you don't have to be a skilled instrumentalist in order to make more music - you can put together beautiful songs using BandLab, which only needs you to be inspired and keen to experiment with sounds. You can record and edit songs as you with a 12-track digital audio workstation that can be accessed across devices and Web. Publish the songs you make and get feedback from the ever-growing BandLab online community.
- 12-track Digital Recording Workstation
- Create your own music
- Record, edit, and share your songs
- Access across devices and web
- Share your music
Rapchat is the best music creation app in the GAME! Record raps on the spot w/ vocal effects like our auto vocal tune, share them anywhere, collab with friends on the same song, build a following & get discovered! Once you’ve got a name, hop into the studio and lay down some bars. 4.6 out of 5 stars from 19.4K Ratings. Rapchat app review
- Use the Rap Name Generator to create an unforgettable rap name for yourself.
- Choose from thousands of beats from major producers and add vocal filters to sound like a pro.
- Once your rap is complete, you can share it with friends on the app or via text, Snapchat, Instagram, Soundcloud and more.
- You could be the next Kanye, Eminem, Cardi, Drake or Nicki...who knows?
Garageband is a very popular app with iOS musicians. This app has a wide range of features and functions that can meet just about any music recording or mixing need. There are Live Loops, Templates, Create loops, tap to record, acoustic and electronic drummers, over 150 synth patches, play musical instruments, capture any sound, create custom instrument through the Sampler, 3D Touch, Record performances, sound like an orchestra, share songs, store songs, add new tracks and so much more. This is easily one of the most comprehensive studio recording apps on the planet.
- One of the best and most popular studio recording apps
- Live Loops, Loop Templates, Create Loops
- Acoustic and Electronic drummers, Sound like an orchestra
- Tap to Record, Record performances, Capture any sound
- Keep, Save, Edit, Share your songs
Music Studio is a production environment with many cool features and functions. It has a friendly interface, which makes it easier to record and create music. There are 118 studio quality instruments, 127-track sequencer, note editing, reverb, real-time effects, and more. This impressive app also has beat and metronome settings, MIDI import and export, Sampler, Waveform, AudioCopy and AudioPaste, Audio tracks, Pitch Blend and just about every other tool you can think of. There are in-app purchases for additional instruments and packages. Music Studio app review
- Impressive, feature rich music production studio
- Real-time effects, Note editing, Reverb
- Studio quality instruments, Record and Share music
- Waveform, Sampler, MIDI, Metronome, Microphone
- In-app purchases for additional instruments and packages
This super easy 2 track recorder adds high quality effects to your music tracks and recordings. You can cut, copy, paste tracks, add fades or loops, use echo or reverb, record using third party apps, record using built-in mic, collaborate with others via recording sessions, contribute to other musical works, share your work on social media and more. This app might not have all of the features that other apps do on this list, but it’s easy and fun to use for your own music or to collaborate with other musicians.
- 2 track recorder, High quality audio effects
- Cut, Copy, Paste tracks, Fades and Loops
- Built-in Mic, Metronome
- Collaborate with others, Creative community
- Save and Share music with others
This app is more than just a studio recorder, it’s a hub to your musical creativity. The audio is high quality and there’s an unlimited number of channels and effect slots. The clean and intuitive user interface makes mixing, recording and editing a precise and easy process. Internal busses, accurate transport clock, Audiobus state saving, Metronome, record synchronized beats, FilePlayer, AudioShare files, Built-In nodes, latency compensation, Fully MIDI controllable, MIDI keyboard and so much more. The features and tools within this app are too many to mention. It really is worthy of a download despite the price tag.
- A powerful hub for musical creativity
- High quality audio, Crisp User Interface
- Unlimited number of channels and effect slots
- Metronome, MIDI control and keyboard, AudioShare
- Transport Clock, Latency Compensation, Built-in Nodes
This app is a string synthesizer that’s 16 voice polyphonic and can be controlled by an in-app 25 key chromatic keyboard or you can connect a MIDI controller instead. The app also features Audiobus, IAA, Core MIDI, Save/Load, Gain Control, Tune and Detune controls, ADSR Attack, Noise and Noise pre-filter, string tension, stereo ping-pong delay and more. This app is simple to use. Yet, it provides a powerful string synthesis engine that users will thoroughly enjoy.
- String synthesizer and engine
- 16 voice polyphonic, MIDI support
- Audiobus, IAA, Save and Load
- Gain Control, ADSR Attack, String tension
- Noise, Tune and Detune controls
Tjis real time audio mangler has many great features and really gets the job done. There are numerous features including Audiobus and Inter-App Audio Support, Signal saturation, multiple delay lines, built-in stereo sampler with varispeed, Control manager LFO, MIDIbus, Virtual MIDI and Network, Snapshot Presets morphing pad, Post Fx Chaing and more. You can manage all of your music files, share the files via iTunes or Dropbox, and enjoy the benefits of AudioCopy.
- A real time audio mangler
- Loaded with features, Simple to use
- Audiobus, Inter-App Audio Support
- Multiple Delay Lines, Signal Saturation
- Stereo Sampler, Control Manager LFO, File Manager
Here’s a powerful audio workstation that lets you express your creativity with up to 24 high quality audio tracks. Record multiple takes, solos, harmonies and other musical experiments. Build new songs, edit tracks, mix songs and share your creations with others. This app features a wide range of input options and audio files. Additionally, you have access to a metronome, volume faders, reverb, freeze tracks, grid views, fade in and out, monitor signal effects and more. This app has raised the bar in mobile music recording. There are in-app purchases for audio tracks.
- Powerful audio workstation and studio recording
- Loaded with features, Raised the bar of mobile recording
- Record multiple takes, solos and harmonies
- Wide range of input options, Editing tools, Audio files
- In-app purchases for additional audio tracks