One of the best ways to slow down your browsing experience is to deal with the constant and never-ending barrage of pop-up ads, banners, video ads, and such. Not only that, but so many websites also track your own personal data, something that doesn’t sit well with many people. There’s a simple solution to all of these problems and that’s to install an ad blocker app. And here's a list for you to choose the best ad blocker for your browsing needs.
The best iPhone apps for ad blockers
29 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Rawr! BlockBear is a really simple and ferocious adblocking app that allows you to browse the web ad-free and reclaim valuable screen space. It is the best ios ad blocker that lets you choose to block any combination of ads, online tracking and social buttons with a simple switch. Includes 100% more bears than competing ad blockers.
- Blocks ads (popups, text ads, banners) and removes website clutter
- Loads many websites 3-5x faster saving time and bandwidth
- Protects your privacy from widespread online tracking (cookies, beacons, scripts, etc)
- Helps you to conveniently whitelist your favourite websites from within Safari
Sanitize is one of the best and most powerful ad blockers for the iOS. Additionally, it also blocks tracking scripts, social share buttons, pop-ups and other internet annoyances. Your mobile web browsing experience will be faster and smoother. Other features include hiding white space behind ads, full custom whitelist support, whitelist of high quality ad networks and more. This app really has the user in mind and makes it one of the best for iPhone users. There are in-app purchases.
- A powerful ad blocker
- Also blocks pop-ups and tracking scripts
- Blocks social share buttons
- Whitelist for support and for high quality ad networks
- In-app purchases with this iPhone ad blocker
This ad blocker works with the mobile internet tool Safari. It filters and blocks ads, making it safer and allowing for browsing at a rate of 5 times faster. The app also boasts of saving up to 50% of data consumption, browse the web clutter free, easy to set up and has regular updates. iBlockify will block user comments, social share panels, scripts, images, fonts, style sheets and more. We almost feel like you can block just about anything the internet throws at you. Make sure you enable this app in your settings after installation.
- Blocks just about every web browsing annoyance
- Up to 5 times faster web browsing
- Meant to be used with Safari
- Regular updates
- Enable app in the settings after installation
Ka-Block is another wonderful option for Safari users looking to block unwanted content like ads, pop-ups and tracking scripts. It helps to improve your overall web browsing experience including speeding up your page viewing. Ka-Block also helps users to maintain and protect their privacy. Think of this app as your web browsing friend that prevents the web page bullies from stealing your personal information and forcing you to look at unwanted content. You will need to enable this app in the setting after installation.
- A free ad blocker for Safari
- Must enable app after installation
- Keeps users privacy
- Speeds up web browsing
- A filter list that’s curated and fast
If you're looking for a smooth and fast way to browse the Internet without being bombarded by ads at every page, then the Smart Search & Web Browser with AdBlock app can prove to be quite useful. This app makes it possible for you to type text into the search box and use such search engines and services as YouTube, Yahoo, Bing, Google, Translate, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Twitter, and more. Not only is it able to block the majority of the ads, but because of that you'll find that websites and content will load faster. It's got a variety of advanced tools and features to explore and make use of as well.
- Search a variety of services and search engines with ease
- The majority of ads are blocked
- Content loads fast
- There are advanced tools and features available
If you find yourself using Instagram and/or Facebook on a regular basis then you may want to check out the Friendly Plus with AdBlock app. This one has more than 10 million downloads and counting and acts as an ad blocker when using Facebook and Instagram. It should be mentioned that this one also works with Facebook Messenger. You'll be able to set up a passcode to get into it, choose your theme, and then start to enjoy the smooth ad and tracker free experience. There are a variety of customization features available and you'll be able to perform a number of tasks through it.
- There are more than 10 million downloads
- Works for Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram
- The app is simple and smooth to use
- Customize the experience with ease
If you're looking for a complete solution for privacy and blocking ads while browsing the web then the Adguard app works as a great tool. This one features over 50 filter subscriptions that it supports while on Safari, which translates to a clean and smooth browsing experience for you. This one can block social widgets, trackers, ads, and more. Of course by doing this you'll see speeds you aren't used to, which makes for a much more enjoyable web browsing experience. Its software is nothing new, in fact it's been around for six years, so that means you can expect tools that are polished and work well.
- The app has a perfect five star rating from users
- It supports over 50 filter subscriptions
- Clean up and speed up your web browsing experience
- The software has been around for six years