Anime is becoming more popular but it’s still a niche interest. If you’re into the type of cartoon where the characters are known for their exaggerated mannerisms and huge eyes, the storylines are fantastic, and intense action, anime is probably your thing. Keeping track of all of the current resources for this genre is near impossible, but we’ve put together a list of the best anime apps for iPad. These apps cover anime gossip, music, episodes, reviews, news, and more.
The best anime apps for iPad
20 May 2020, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Stream Japan's most popular anime with Crunchyroll. Watch new shows like Dr. STONE, One Piece, Black Clover, plus favorites like Dragon Ball Super and hundreds more! Plus, watching on Crunchyroll helps support the creators who work to bring you awesome anime every week. Try Crunchyroll Premium FREE for 14 days or start watching your favorite anime now for free.
- With Crunchyroll Premium, you get zero ads!
- New episodes are uploaded one hour after airing in Japan!
- Never miss out on your favourite Anime!
- Watch on Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Roku – pretty much any internet-connected screen
Hardcore Anime fans unite! In this fantastic app you can watch your favourite anime series trailer video in any place and at any time, in JPanime you will have a user-friendly and intuitive interface, in addition to a very broad catalogue with the best anime series of all time. Kissanime and 9anime and gogoanime users also able to use this too.
- The JPanime app always has the latest material, adding episodes and new series of anime promotion video in the catalog.
- Share your favourites with your friends, or straight to social media!
- Huge choice of Anime available.
- Discover new Anime that you never even new existed!
MyAniList is a beautiful and simple app that tracks anime and manga using your AniList account. Keep track of what you’ve been watching and reading with a few swipes and taps. Want to update your list quickly? Swipe to the right to add an episode/chapter. Check out all the shows and books your friends are interested in, too!
- Organize your Anime and Manga lists!
- Log in with your AniList account to add, update, and sync your lists through your device.
- Don’t care about that anime/manga anymore? Swipe even further to remove it!
- Discover what’s trending and what s popular among the people with the discovery hub.
Anime Amino is another social network community app for anime lovers. This one, though, isn’t for artists but for people who just love the genre in general. You’ll find cosplayers and other fans with whom you can talk about characters, episodes, scenes, and more. Show off or ask questions about your next cosplay costume and talk about your last con experience. You’ll be greeted by a huge world of anime fans who share your passion. Write a blog, message members, and connect with fans from all over the world. If you love Pokemon, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, or an number of others, this is the place for you.
- Social network app for anime and manga lovers
- Find other cosplayers
- Talk about characters, episodes, scenes, and more
- Write blogs
- Free anime app for iPad
Need some help managing your anime life? Anime Trackr is the app you want. You’ll be able to manage five main lists: Planning, Watching, Completed, On-Hold, and Dropped, all of which are pretty self-explanatory. If you need some help choosing what to watch next, you can look at the top ranking, the airing, and suggestions for ideas. You get anime and episode details, schedule reminders, trailers, seasonal charts, smart recommendations, and alerts when new seasons are available. You can rate episodes and series, see a timeline called Episode Feed, and keep your library organized when you sync with MyAnimeList.
- Amazing online community
- Watch trailers
- Five main lists to manage your anime
- ETAs on airing episodes
- Free with in-app purchases