NOTE: We are not connected to "Snowden" in any case. But this tool is your little "Snowden" to help you find better passwords ;)
Currently you can check against about 2.000.000 commonly used passwords in English and German. Please be patient while checking, this can take a few minutes on slower and older devices.
If you really want to know if your password (or a part of it) is known by hackers you need to check it with a real password checker tool.
We all use passwords all the time everyday. This App helps you find out if your passwords are more or less secure. Tip: Just enter a partial of your acutally used passwords.
* Protect you from brute force passwort attacks by choosing good password phrases
* Passwords with only six or eight characters are not secure in any case
These are used by hackers in so called brute-force method. The brute-force method is a trial and error method by "guessing" passwords just by go through a dictionary.
Learn here how good you have chosen your passwords.
Just enter the first 3 letters of a secure password to find out more.
You can use this App to educate your personal to use more secure passwords, rather then simple ones.
- No words you enter are stored.
- No internet connection required. It all works offline.
- This App is written in native Cocoa/Objective-C only. No external or 3th-part libraries used. So it uses only CoreFoundation.framework from Apple.