"Gangsa" is a musical insturment which is used in Balinese Gamelan, an Indonesian traditional performing art. This application has very beautiful sounds which were sampled from a real instrument. Just by tapping the screen, you can easily enjoy a musical performance and the atmosphere of Gamelan. You can also try using advanced play techniques such as muting and sliding.
- Play a long beautiful sound by tapping a metal bar.
- Play a striking sound by tapping a wooden sidebar, although it is not usually used.
- Play successive sounds by sliding your finder over metal bars and wooden bars.
- Mute a playing sound by pressing the bottom end of a metal bar.
- Play a muted sound by tapping while holding down the bottom end of a metal bar.
- Hold playing a muted sound by pressing the top end of a metal bar.
- Each metal bar and side wood have two sound samples to provide a natural sound.
- All sound sources are optimized for an iPhone/iPod touch speaker.
- Play stereo sound by using headphones or stereo speakers.
- Images and animation are used to provide visual feedback while playing.
- Play together with other iPod music.
- A "Visual Effects" switch, a "Auto Mute" switch and a "Master Volume" slider.