A beautiful and elegant chess application for the casual player.
John Gruber of Daring Fireball: “Without question the best iPhone chess game”.
Playing chess has never been a more pleasant experience. On any platform! Everything is beautifully rendered; from the board and pieces to the way they animate.
Deep Green for iOS is the successor to the multi-award winning Newton version.
If you like Deep Green, please rate it on the App Store.
- Play against engine or human, or engine vs. engine
- Adjustable engine strength
- Concentration setting allowing the engine to play more like a human
- Manual board setup
- Game playback (first/previous/next/last position, auto-playback, drag slider)
- Replay of last move
- Move suggestion (animated on board)
- Take back (undo, all the way back to start)
- Free choice between tap/tap and drag/drop moving (no need to set preference)
- Display of captured pieces
- Smooth animations everywhere
- Game and state saved between program sessions
- Rich, analog-type sounds (optional)
- Callout notification for check, stalemate, and checkmate, (optional)
- Vibration on check, stalemate and checkmate, (optional)¹
- Board coordinates (optional)
- Board auto-rotation (optional)
- Clean and beautiful user interface
- Two built-in skins
- And more…
¹) Vibration is only available if the iOS device is capable of it.