AreYouSafe San Francisco lets you know how safe you are at any given time based on your current location within the city. All it takes is a quick tap to see a simple visual depiction of your safety level in addition to hyper-local crime data broken down by type.
New to San Fran and not sure about the area your walking through/staying in?
AreYouSafe bar hopping in North Beach, SOMA, the Castro, or would it be safer to stay out late in the Mission or maybe the Marina district?
Should you really park your car on the street near AT&T Park if you're going to a Giants game – how many auto thefts have occurred in the area recently?
AreYouSafe San Francisco integrates the iPhone’s GPS capabilities with up to date, detailed police crime statistics for the entire city. This data is pushed through a series of algorithms before producing a relative safety level for your exact geographic location. The output is an easy to understand threat meter that indicates how safe you are along with pertinent crime data for the specific area you are in.
* Simple visual representation of your safety level on the threat meter
* Dynamically updated crime data from police and local city/governments
* Closest crime data drill down capability
* Auto locate and manual address entry options
* Visiting San Fran and unfamiliar with the city?
* Debating whether to walk or take a cab?
* Headed to an area you haven’t been to before?
* Not sure if you should park your car on the street?
* Looking for a place to live?
Disclaimer: AreYouSafe uses actual crime statistics to derive safety ratings. This data is sourced from police departments and local/city governments. AreYouSafe makes no claims as to the accuracy or validity of this data. The application is for novelty purposes only. Decisions should not be made based on the information yielded by the AreYouSafe application. Decisions to move from/to a location are solely the responsibility of the user of the application. AreYouSafe may not be held liable for such decisions or the results of such actions.