“BakBak” provides 'IP to IP' & 'IP to GSM' calling between the users. BakBak is integrated with XMPP to avail chats, change presence to his Buddies. It has been developed by Advantal Services, an innovative mobile product development organization with expertise on iPhone OS.
User has the advantage of selecting the SIP servers of their choice. “BakBak” does not tie the user with a specific VoIP Service provider. User has the option to use the mobile client with the most cost effective provider. Some of the major freely available SIP servers are already configured in the application as A1, Roconnect, Giizmo, VoipStunt, Free World DialUp, VoipCheap, Sipnet, VoipBuster. Users have to create their accounts on the respective servers and use those accounts in the “Bak Bak” application for enjoying the benefits of unlimited free calling between the “BakBak” users.
User has the advantage of selecting the Jabber servers of their choice. “BakBak” does not tie the user with a specific IM Service provider. User has the option to use the "BakBak" with the most cost effective provider. Most of the popular Jabber servers are already configured in the application. User can specify its own server. Users have to create their accounts on the respective servers and use those accounts in the “BakBak” application to remain in contact with his GTalk, Yahoo, Facebook, MSN, ICQ Buddies.
Some interesting features available in the product are
- Implementation of G729 codec which ensures that the voice quality is as good as a normal GSM call. The product requires minimal bandwidth and has echo cancellation and noise removal techniques implemented for ensuring a real time full duplex voice communication with minimal delay and latency.
· Apart from G729, the product also has G711 u/a and GSM codecs implemented which ensures that “BakBak” works for those servers also which do not have the G729 support but have G711 u/a and GSM support in them.
· “BakBak” works on 3G, Wifi, EDGE and GPRS network available on iPhone. It makes use of the available 3G network on iPhone in case WiFi network is not available.
· History of calls made and received by “BakBak” application.
· Integration with iPhone Contact list.
· Loudspeaker mode for putting the call to loudspeaker mode.
· DTMF support
· Call Hold
· Mail to the Buddies
We can customize the VoIP client as per the VoIP provider’s requirement.