aSmartHUD NAVI MAP+ is advanced and easy to use vehicle digital dashboard, unified with in-car navigation system where the built-in digital map makes navigating independent of current internet connection availability. Futuristic and stylish screen layout is especially optimized for usage as a HUD unit, projecting the map, speed and route information on your car windscreen.
Other key features:
- HUD MODE
- ONBOARD VECTOR DIGITAL MAP OF UNITED STATES
- ROUTING AND DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS
- TRACK RECORDING
- EDITABLE FIXED AND REDLIGHT SPEED CAMERAS DATABASE
- SHORT-TIME WEATHER FORECAST
- IPOD PLAYLIST REMOTE CONTROL
- TIME, AVERAGE SPEED, ALTITUDE, HEADING, MOVING TIME, etc.
- HALF-TRANSPARENT GOOGLE MAPS SCREEN
- With aSmartHUD you can create and save the driving routes (Google Directions service is used - the same as for the standard Map application) to follow them later, especially in the areas without the internet coverage. Application will display your current position on the route and show the driving instruction for the nearest route point in a turn-by-turn way.
Also you can email the driving instructions of the saved route to any email address.
- Tapping the "HUD" menu item mirrors all the text, so if you position the iPhone horizontally under your car's windscreen you can see perfectly readable half-transparent reflection of the picture displayed. We found it much more convenient compared to traditional car dashboards (especially on the roads of Western Europe, which are full of speed cameras and where you need to watch your speedometer all the time). And last but not the least - it just looks cool. NOTE: this mode works pretty well at night time and twilight, but on direct sunlight the screen brightness can be insufficient.
- aSmartHUD shows color coded distance to the nearest known fixed speed camera, and it's speed limit (if known).
The cameras database includes an information about 21500 cameras in Europe, 2500 in USA, in 1400 Canada and 1200 in Australia.
NOTE: It's not guaranteed all speed cameras in your area are included into the database. However, we will release database updates right after the new information will become available.
- "aSmart HUD" can keep track on 4 speed limits, giving a warning (sound and visual) each time you crossing it. Normally, it's legal speed limits within cities, local roads and high-speed motorways. "Never exceed speed" is the speed you should not exceed under any conditions. For example, it can be a technical limit of your vehicle or the point where government can arrest your driving license.
- Speed history log chart have 4 different display modes.
- Portrait and Landscape screen layouts.
- In Preferences, you can specify different measurement units, display color and sound scheme, screen layout and many more.
IMPORTANT: for more screenshots and usage instructions visit the http://atoll-ordenadores.com website.
- The program is running only on GPS-enabled iPhones 3G/S/4 with iPhone OS 41 or higher. No iPod Touch, 1st-generation iPhones or minor OS versions supported.
- The GPS precision is affected by the satellite signal quality. On open-sky spaces it's pretty good, but under other conditions can noticeably decrease. Also, after startup it requires some time to locate the necessary satellites, so during first minutes of running the measurement can be less effective. If unsure, use the program only for reference, don't rely on it for 100%.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions about additional functionality, there is a big chance they will be implemented in next version. Please forward your requests or bug reports to email@example.com.