“The Hong Kong Taxi app is a very well designed and developed app that every Hong Kong, non-Canto speaking visitor or resident should, scratch that, must have.” - App of the week, Chatty Brains Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Taxi Translator is a powerful tool for finding and translating addresses in Hong Kong into written Chinese and phonetic Cantonese. The new version has a total of +3000 streets, residential areas, buildings, hospitals, beaches, parks, sports grounds, schools, shopping malls and sightseeing spots. With the possibility to add street numbers you can create flashcards for hundreds of thousands of unique addresses. Should you still be missing something you can add your own content in English and ask a friend, your hotel etc. to type in the Chinese. No Internet connection is required (except for the map function) You can send favorite addresses by e-mail and learn how to pronounce an address in Cantonese using the phonetic system Cantonese Yale.
Who uses this App?
Anyone living in, or visiting Hong Kong, that doesn’t speak Cantonese.
* Browse and search addresses
* Show flashcard for taxi drivers
* Show address on map
* Addresses in Chinese characters and phonetic Cantonese
* Save and name addresses under Favorites
* Send addresses as email
* Add your own street numbers
* Add your own content in English and Chinese
* Push notifications when the database is updated
* No Internet required (except for map)