Impress your friends with the expert knowledge and tasting notes of hundreds of wine regions and a glossary of grape varieties, wine terms and more.
Want to know more about wine? What grapes make up Chateâuneuf du Pape? Which wines pair well with a rich fish dish? Where is Merlot best grown?
winebuff has the answers to these questions… and more!
This app does not sell brands or specific wines. Instead, winebuff approaches wine like a real pro. Our information comes from studying the grape, region, climate and terroir and will even turn the novice wine quaffer into a connoisseur in no time. Each wine region’s style is exposed giving you important information such as grape varieties, flavor profile, acidity, tannins, and other interesting information.
With over 400 regions (and counting) winebuff is a powerful tool for any wine enthusiast. Whether it is that Chablis left over from the dinner party or that Champagne you’ve been saving, winebuff will inform you of what to expect and even suggest a food pairing.
This approach to wine is the best way to get informed and impress your friends!
Here’s what some of our community thinks about winebuff:
"This is the best wine app around, just what I’ve been looking for!" 5 Stars
"This has got to be the best wine app I’ve ever seen. Love it!" 5 Stars
• The character and flavor profile of over 350 wine regions in the palm of your hands.
• No brands! Instead search by wine region, grape or color making the information relevant to you.
• Suggested food pairings for each entry.
• A glossary to explain wine terminology, grapes and regions.
• Find a wine by describing its characteristics.
• Keep your much-loved wine regions saved in favorites.
• Quickly and simply leave your feedback with us. We care about your opinion so we can make winebuff the perfect wine app for you.
Question: How does winebuff work when it doesn’t describe individual, branded wines?
Answer: Most wine regions are carefully regulated and must follow certain rules. This means that different appellations will produce wine of a certain character based on the grape varieties, geography and production methods allowed.
Question: I don’t know anything about wine. Is this useful to me?
Answer: winebuff is an easy to use reference for wines. It is deliberately made simple to leave out all the unimportant information and instead focuses on the relevant and interesting - perfect for any budding wine enthusiast.