The Visual Encyclopedia of Fruits is a complete visual reference to 182 edible fruits, nuts and berries from around the world, including exotic and rare fruits and fruits used as vegetables, beans, nuts and spices. It includes more than 500 high resolution photographs, botanical name and classification, common and foreign names, a comprehensive description of the fruit and plant, nutrition values, origin and areas of production, buying, storage and handling tips, and food and medicinal uses. It is a great source of information for professional, home cooks, and fruit lovers of all ages. It is probably one the most complete and comprehensive fruits encyclopedia available in the App Store.
This application has the following features:
- Includes detailed information of over 180 different edible fruits, nuts and berries from around the world, in an intuitive and engaging navigation.
- Search engine with more than 1600 different common, foreign, and botanical names, and synonyms.
- More than 500 ultra high resolution images, including cross-section pictures of the fruit.
- Botanical information, classification and comprehensive description of each fruit and plant.
- Buying, storage and handling tips.
- Nutritional guide for every fruit with daily recommended values (calories, proteins, fat, carbohydrates, water, vitamins, and minerals).
- Food uses
- Origin of the fruit and areas of production
- Medicinal uses and health benefits
- No Internet connection is required (offline browsing)
- Optimized for the iPhone4.
This application is brought to you by Dr. Jose R. Castello. if you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
The Visual Encyclopedia of Fruits is presented solely as a source of information and entertainment. Readers are encouraged to confirm the information contained here with other sources. No claims are made for the efficacy of any plant nor for any historical herbal treatment. In no way can the information provided here take the place of the standard, legal, medical practice. Additionally, some of the part of these plants may be toxic. Many plants were used for a wide range of illnesses in the past, but be aware that many of the historical uses have proven to be ineffective for the problems to which they were applied. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by doctors or dietary advice by dietitians. Some images used are copyright with the respective individuals. Credit has been given whenever possible.