Simple TOPO provides a simple easy-to-use outdoor GPS and topographic charting solution for your iPhone and iPad. Simple Charts is a full resolution seamless outdoor charting app compatible with both the iPhone and iPad.
- View topographic charts including detail USGS charts throughout the U.S.
- Charts are seamlessly stitched together to form a single seamless chart, zooming and out of an area automatically selects the correct chart.
- No Network. No Problem. Browsed maps and charts are downloaded and cached on the device as you browse them and are then available even without an active Internet connection.
- Add waypoints by tapping and holding the map or entering the waypoint coordinates
- View real-time information about saved waypoints including distance to waypoint, time to go, velocity made good and more
- View real-time course information including latitude, longitude, heading, bearing and speed
- Share data with friends via Social Networks, SMS and Email
- View additional map overlays including Google's Satellite Imagery, OpenStreetMap Road Maps
- Track your position in real-time
- Display course track on charts
- NOAA Weather Observations
- Latitude / Longitude Format: Decimal, DM (DD° mm.mmm') and DMS (DD° MM' ss.s") Coordinates
- Speed and Distance Units: Metric, Imperial and Nautical Units
- Ruler Functionality - Allows User to Measure Distance Between Two Points on Maps & Charts.
- Odometer / Distance Tracker Functionality
- Social Media Integration (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Others)
NOTE: Though Simple TOPO will function without a GPS device as a chart reader, a GPS enabled device is required for point to point navigation (iPhone / iPad 3G / iPad 4G). Bluetooth GPS units are available to enabled GPS for devices that do not include a GPS receiver. For offline use where no Internet connection is available charts must be pre-cached while still on-line and connected, any charts downloaded while online will be available for offline use.