The multiengine rating is one of the most thrilling, useful and just plain fun ratings a pilot can obtain. But it’s also one of the most challenging. Let Sporty’s guide you through each step of the rating, from basic aerodynamics to flight maneuvers. In addition to over 100 minutes of exciting video training, this app also includes the FAA’s Transition to Multiengine Airplanes handbook, Sporty’s Multiengine Training Course Outline and a review quiz to test your knowledge.
Using a visual menu system, So You Want to Fly Twins is broken down into 14 individual video segments for quick review. In all, this app contains over 100 minutes of engaging 3D animations and in-flight video from the award-winning team at Sporty’s Academy. Step into the cockpit of popular twin trainers, including the Piper Aztec and Seminole, Beech Baron and Duchess, Cessna 310 and Diamond Twin Star.
Also included is a review quiz based on the training material. After completing the questions, you’ll receive instant feedback on your score and be able to review missed questions. There’s even a way to quickly review the video segment from which the question was taken.
Training topics include:
• Introduction to multiengine flying
• Introduction to multiengine aircraft
• Making the most of your multiengine training
• VFR flight with two engines
• Engines, propeller and fuel systems
• VFR training maneuvers
• Single-engine aerodynamics
• Single-engine training maneuvers
• Hydraulics and landing gear systems
• VFR when one engine fails
• Electrical, environmental and weather systems
• IFR with two engines
• IFR engine failure
• Beyond the multiengine rating
So You Want to Fly Twins includes several FAA publications for additional study – complete with a table of contents for quick access to each page:
• Transition to Multiengine Airplanes, from the FAA Airplane Flying Handbook
• Flying Light Twins Safely
• FAA Bulletin on Windmilling Propellers
• Sporty’s Training Course Outline (syllabus) for Multiengine Transition training
• Multiengine Control & Performance Briefing card