How would emergency workers know your medical information in an emergency? Could they get in contact with your loved ones?
Introducing activICE...if hospitalized, activICE auto-activates, informing emergency workers of your medical & emergency contact information via notification on your iPhones lock screen.
It can also notify up to 5 of your loved ones automatically via SMS and e-mail immediately of your location and the hospitals contact information.*
- Uses low power location services to activate when entering one of the 8500+ hospitals in the US, UK, Australia or New Zealand.
- Knows if you are hospitalized or just passing by.
- An alarm sounds upon activation in hospital.
- Warning prompts let you cancel before full activation.
- Stores emergency medical information.
- Displays your personal information on the lock screen when activated: Name, age, height, weight, blood type, hair & eye colour.
- Displays full medical information on lock screen, including: allergies, allergies to medications, medical conditions & current medications.
- Displays Emergency contact names & numbers on lock screen.
activICE + Live (optional In App Subscription):
- We'll SMS & e-mail your emergency contacts with the full hospital information, internationally upon full activation.
9to5mac: "If you’re looking for added comfort in your life and don’t want to go crazy ‘shopping (changing) your background every few weeks, be sure to check out activICE."
App Picker: "This is one of those apps that you download hoping you’ll never need to use it but should a medical emergency arise you’ll be grateful for the app. What an easy, quick, and reliable way to ensure your loved ones are alerted to a medical emergency! I really liked that all you had to do was to enable the app and then everything was taken care of for you."
- All medical/personal info is kept only on your phone.
- Your position isn't tracked, only proximity to hospitals.
- It always runs in the background.
- Even works when app is deleted from multitasking.
- Intelligently allows for passing by hospitals.
It's recommended you always have the following:
- Location services enabled.
- WiFi on for the most accurate location monitoring.
- Notifications enabled for sound and viewing.
- Cellular data turned on.
* Requires activICE+Live subscription, available as In-App Purchase
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.