If you have trouble remembering what you've learned, then this is the app for you.
*** THE BEST VOCABULARY APPS IN THE APP STORE ***
Featured by Apple! Knowji makes the highest quality and most effective vocabulary apps in the App Store. You won't believe how quickly you'll learn! This app teaches you 1600 words specifically chosen for the SAT®, GRE®, ACT® and ASVAB exams, but users of all ages can enjoy the benefits of this app. The words taught are practical words often used in news, books, movies, businesses and politics. Knowji apps are Common Core aligned.*
*** WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ***
"The best vocab app around! It really helped me build my GRE vocabulary really quickly." Sam Thanapornsangsuth, Chulalongkorn University student, Fulbright Scholar, Thailand
I learned new words at an incredibly fast pace, faster than I thought I would learn, and faster than just using flash cards. I recommend this app to everyone to use. It’s a wonderful investment to learn words not just for the SAT, but for everyday use. Thanks Knowji!” Kelly C., Castro Valley High School, CA
"This app is almost too good to be true; it's easily worth twice the price. We homeschool our 11 year old son and purchased this app. We now use this app as our 6th grader's complete vocabulary curriculum which supplements his language arts program and aid in his writing assignments. I can't recommend this app highly enough." Sheena78, Hawaii
*** WHY CHOOSE KNOWJI? ***
Our built-in memory coach uses scientifically proven methods to ensure that you'll learn and remember hundreds of words quickly and easily. Our team of content creators, including Stanford University graduates and PhDs, spent years developing rich, engaging content so that you won't just memorize words, you'll really understand them!
Knowji offers the richest set of content and the most effective technology to help you learn and remember. When evaluating other apps and learning systems, ask yourself if they offer you what Knowji offers you:
- Image: A beautiful custom image for every word.
- Audio pronunciation
- Example sentence(s): Sentences are written in a story-like format with endearing characters that help you develop an emotional connection with the words you're learning.
- Collocations: Use words you’ve learned with collocation information.
- Word family
- Verb tenses
- Adjective comparatives & superlatives
- Spaced Repetition: A scientifically proven method for optimal memory retention. The app keeps track of how well you've learned a word, and presents challenging words more frequently than others. It even suggests a time when you should drill again before you forget the words.
- 4 Learning Modes: Passive & active recall (including spelling), receptive & productive learning.
- Quiz: Quiz yourself anytime using multiple modes.
- Goal Setting: Specify how many new words you want to learn per day, or set a target completion date.
- Search: Look up words by the word itself, definition, or example sentence.
- Favorite a word so you can quickly reference the word later.
- Do Not Learn: No more wasted time learning words you already know.
- Progress Tracker: See how many words you've learned and how well you know them.
- Status Report: Ideal for parents and teachers who want to track their children's learning progress.
- Accent Reduction & Proper Pronunciation: Record your own voice and compare it with Knowji’s voice.
*** COMMON CORE ALIGNMENT ***
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.7.4a/b/c/d, L.7.5.b, L.8.4a/b/c/d, L9-10.4a/c/d
Q: Does this app include all words in the Knowji SAT Top 500, Vocab 7, 8, 9, and 10?
Q: Does this app include all words in the Knowji PSAT?
A: It includes some of the words in the PSAT.
*** Download our FREE Knowji Vocab Lite app and sample content from all our apps! ***
CONNECT WITH US:
facebook.com/knowji (for fun word quizzes)
knowji.com (We love hearing from you.)