George the Farmer is everyone’s friend. With his trusty dog Jessie by his side he tackles the day to day activities of Australian farming life in his tractor with enthusiasm, a can-do attitude and most importantly a big smile. Unfortunately George’s obsession with sports often plays havoc with not being able to finish jobs off in their entirety. Lucky for George, his beautiful and talented wife Ruby is always there to lend a helping hand. The importance and power of team work shines through every time in these Australian farming adventures.
This interactive story, full of farming sounds including tractor rumbles, barking dogs and warbling birds, follows George, Ruby and Jessie as they plant a wheat crop.
• Lively story narration by well known Australian radio presenter Peter Goers or read along mode for all levels of early and emergent readers
• Make a bird sing, Jessie the dog bark or scratch her collar, turn the tractor on to hear a rumbling engine
• Simple animations
• 3 great pictures to interactively color in on screen
- Assist with hand-eye coordination
• Memory game with 3 levels of difficulty
- Help to improve memory power
• Sing-a-long with the George the Farmer theme song
• Appealing to ages 0-8
• Expanding early reading skills
• Increasing reading comprehension
"Australia's first children's farming character!", The Borderwatch Newspaper, South Australia, June 2014