Identify unknown pills from over 32,000 prescription, over-the-counter, homeopathic, and veterinary medications. Pill images and data are stored on the iPhone so the app works even without a network connection. Pillbox is provided free from the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
- Identify unknown medications by the text on the pill as well as color, shape, size, and scoring.
- Search for medications by active and inactive ingredients, drug companies, DEA schedule, and National Drug Codes
- Autocomplete for drug names
- Images and data are stored on the iPhone so Pillbox will work even when there's no network connection.
- Link to the drug label for any medication (requires network connection)
- Full-screen pill images (requires network connection)
- Save medications in Favorites
- Email information about any medication
- Emergency phone access to the national Poison Help hotline
If case of an emergency call 911 or the national Poison Help hotline at 1-800-222-1222.
Most images in Pillbox are not part of the drug labels and have not been verified by the labeler.
Always consult your physician or pharmacist with any medication-related questions.
About the National Library of Medicine
Part of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health is the world¹s largest biomedical library. NLM maintains a vast collection of electronic information resources on a wide range of topics.