It’s time for a little hockey action and not to worry you won’t have to wait for the winter temps and access to ice. This list of apps is dedicated to the love of hockey giving you a chance to enjoy the game whenever you feel like it. There is a wide selection here and all are guaranteed to offer fun and challenges. Check out the different themes, looks, and features and don’t hesitate to download a few of them.
The best hockey games for iPhone
10 Feb 2021, by  Matt Tennison
With this hockey game app for iPhone, you can play as one of the top 25 national teams in this physics-based hockey game! Hockey Hysteria is a fast-paced, physics-based hockey game that lets you play as one of 25 top-ranked national teams in the sport.
- Challenge your friends on a shared screen (or challenge the CPU) to an intense battle of first to five goals
- Try your luck in the single player World Cup mode with this hockey app
- 25 national hockey teams are presented
This is the best hockey game for iPhone. Experience the speed and intensity of Ice Hockey with the return of the HOCKEY NATIONS franchise! With this hockey nations app, you can deliver those big hits, wind up a howitzer of a slap-shot and aim a well-timed wrister while playing in 7 thrilling tournaments in HOCKEY NATIONS 18.
- Take control of the game and earn those bragging rights with 50 intense challenges!
- Go stick to stick with some of the greatest teams and come away with the gold medal!
- Join others and compete in regular LIVE GAMES
- Choose from 40 North American Teams, 27 Russian League Teams, 19 International Teams or 2 All-Star teams and go head-to-head in a one-off battle on the ice
- Six teams will battle it out to be crowned the OUTDOOR SERIES CHAMPIONS!
Wind up your slap-shots and get ready to poke-check your way to glory in this year’s greatest Hockey game on mobile - Hockey All Stars. Create your very own Hockey franchise, build a team of All Star players and compete with the best teams from around the World to rise through the leagues and claim the silverware.
- Fast paced full simulation gameplay
- Create and build your own hockey franchise
- Train your players to create a team of All-Stars
- Improve your team by collecting player cards
If you're ready to prove your hockey skills then you're ready for the Big Win Hockey 2020 app. This one allows you to build and customize your very own team of players that will go on to fight for gold, silver, and bronze. The app supports the Game Center and Leaderboards and you can even try to win the Daily Trophy. You’ll be taking on players from around the world who have created their own fantasy teams. This one is a universal app so you can enjoy it on all your devices and it is also integrated with Facebook and Twitter. Big Win Hockey 2020 - Fantasy Manager app review
- Customize your own hockey team
- The app supports the Game Center and Leaderboards
- Take on teams from around the world
- Do your best to earn the Daily Trophy
- The game features user-friendly controls
When it comes to a sport that is fast-paced and filled with excitement the game of hockey certainly fits the bill. You can now enjoy the game anytime you like with the Hockey Showdown app. Here you can enjoy an intense game with your friends or any other player around the world. Take part in online tournaments, head-to-head battles, and single player seasons that you will play out as your favorite team. Additional features include graphics that feel and look realistic, three different game modes, upgrades and skills that you can unlock, Achievements to win, and you can work your way up the Leaderboard.
- This game is fast-paced and intense just like the real thing
- There are three different game modes
- There are upgrades and equipment you can unlock
- Work your way up the Leaderboards
- Play against opponents around the world
If hockey is your favorite sport then you should have no problem excelling in the Ice Hockey Quiz app. This one is built to quiz fans of the game in a fun and challenging way. The way it works is that you will need to guess what team it is simply by looking at the uniform/jersey. All of the Canadian and U.S. teams can be found here. There are 500 different jerseys to try to guess, 11 levels to work through, and the app is able to auto-complete answers. The game controls couldn't be easier and navigating the app is very simple as well. You’ll find your score displayed at the top of the screen at all times.
- Prove how well you know the game of hockey
- Look at the jersey and name the team
- There are 11 levels and 500 different jerseys to guess
- The game features simple rules and user-friendly controls
What does it take to become an MVP? You're about to find out in the Hockey MVP app. This game will have you right in the middle of a shooting contest where you'll be doing your absolute best to win the coveted title of Most Valuable Player. There are 14 national teams and you've got a choice between World Championship play or Exhibition game mode. There are three different levels of difficulty, a variety of pass combinations to experiment with, and you are able to control both the goalie and the shooter. The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards.
- Find out what it takes to be the MVP of the game
- You will be taking part in a shooting contest
- There are two different game modes
- Choose your level of difficulty
- The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards
When it comes to hockey, nowhere is it a bigger sport than in Canada and with that said players are bound to love the Team Canada Table Hockey app. This one has been officially licensed by Hockey Canada and has been based on the popular app - Stinger Table Hockey. What makes this one different is all the improvements an additions that have been made. Players will love the realistic gameplay, the ability to take part in mini-games, take on players anywhere in the world, or challenge a friend. You will be working your way up the Leaderboard the whole time.
- This app has been officially licensed by Hockey Canada
- The app provides a few different game modes such as the mini-games or battles with other worldwide players
- Gameplay is smooth and realistic
- This one supports the Leaderboards
If arcade style games are your game of choice then why not combine it with the game of hockey? That's exactly what has been done in the Patrick Kane's Arcade Hockey app. Here you can take part in three on three games where you can choose between 18 different teams. The 3D graphics are fun and lively and there are plenty of elements that you can unlock in the game. The better you play the more trophies you'll win and the more Achievements you'll earn. The app supports the Leaderboards as well so you can see how you compare to your friends.
- This is an arcade style game of hockey
- The game features 3D graphics
- The app supports the Game Center, Achievements, and Leaderboards
- Enjoy three on three action
- Choose between 18 different teams