Whether you are an amateur interior designer or a professional, you have a lot to celebrate. There’s now a ton of decorating and home improvement wisdom and tools you can access from the palm of your hand thanks to the increasing number of apps available. From virtual consultants to moodboards, paint to furniture, you’ll find inspiration, sources, and more. We’ve picked the 10 best iPhone apps for interior design, so have a look.
The best iPhone apps for interior design
26 Jul 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Houzz Interior Design Ideas, or Houzz, offers everything you need to design your home whether you are starting from scratch, renovating, or just redecorating. There are over a million active home improvement pros here who can help you with design, architecture, contracting, and more. There’s also products to shop to help you finish off your projects. You can sketch and draw on photos, see how colors will look in your room, and much more. This is probably one of the best interior design apps available.
- Has everything you need
- More than 10 million photos to browse
- Over a million home improvement pros
- See how products and colors will look in your room
- Free iPhone app for interior design
Are you looking to redesign the interior of your home? Perhaps, you are just looking to change the atmosphere of a room and bring house space to life? This app can help you with the above and much more. It separates the design ideas into 6 different sections in your home like the kitchen, bedrooms and living room. You can also sort the ideas by color, size or style. The images are in HD quality and really present the design ideas in an appealing way. The app is free to download, but does come with ads. However, there is an in-app purchase to remove the ads.
- HD quality images for interior designs
- 6 different sections of the home
- Sort by size, color or style
- Sort by rooms, Great for beginners
- In-app purchase to remove ads
Amikasa is an award winning interior design app that helps users to design their dream rooms and perfect interior look or feel. This fantastic app makes you feel like an interior design professional as you get some awesome tools to design rooms and then the opportunity to experience your finished product. It’s great for users of all skill levels and you can also ask friends for advice, view products, and purchase items. This app makes it very convenient to design rooms with furniture and then buy the furniture pieces directly from stores if you really want to.
- Easy to use, Great for all skill levels
- Design any room in the home
- View colors, items, spaces and furniture
- Purchase furniture directly from stores
- View the room once you are done designing
Planner 5D is a 2D and 3D interior design tool that currently sits at over 2 million downloads. Take snapshots to create realistic images of your projects, browse catalogs with thousands of items to decorate your rooms, switch between metric or imperial systems, save and share your projects, option to work offline, ad-free, multiple languages and more. This app supports Apple Pencil and 3D Touch. There are in-app purchases for premium account or various individual features.
- Great for designing or remodeling
- 2D and 3D views, Work offline
- Save and share projects, Multiple languages
- Metric or Imperial, Catalog with thousands of items
- In-app purchases for premium account or individual features
Are you stumped because you can’t decide what to do with your bedroom? Get hundreds of fresh interior design ideas from the Bedrooms. app, designed by pros. New designs get uploaded constantly so there’s always going to be amazing photos for you to browse and pull inspiration from for your room. No matter if you like simple design with muted colours or a bedroom fit for a king or queen, you’ll find some fantastic pics here. Rate the photos and see what others think, save your favorites in HD, and print out the ones you want to take with you when you go shopping.
- Get inspiration for bedroom design
- Hundreds of design ideas
- New photos uploaded daily
- Rate the rooms and see other people’s opinions
- Free with in-app purchase
Running low on inspiration? Amazing Interior Design Ideas can help. It’s meant for both home owners and design professionals to browse and save images from its amazingly comprehensive, beautiful collection of home design images. There are six categories to choose from: Kids & Teen Bedroom, Bedrooms, Dining Room, Kitchen, Living Room, and Bathroom. You don’t need an Internet connection to view any photos, which is great if you’re on a job site and don’t want to use your data. Zoom and pinch the photos for a closer look, and share or save photos to your Photo Library.
- For both design pros and homeowners
- Collection of beautiful home design images
- Six categories
- No Internet needed
- Free interior design ideas for iPhone
Let out your inner interior designer with Neybers! This app gives you different room templates and furniture, flooring, decor, and more from real designers and brands to place wherever you want. You can change wall textures, windows, ceilings, and flooring just how you want it, add photo filters, shadows, and lighting effects, and move things around until it’s just how you want it. Share your finished pieces to Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram, and by email or SMS. You can publish an unlimited number of rooms, so get going. The Neybers Plus subscription gives you all of the normal app features plus unlocks some premium templates and products, and gives you a Plus badge.
- Decorate different room templates as you want
- Furniture and more from real designers and brands
- Change the walls, floors, ceiling, and windows
- Use your camera to create your own templates
- Free with in-app subscription for Plus membership
InDeZo is a game that will help you figure out your interior design style in a unique and fun way. Go through the rooms in the app and pick which items you like and get rid of the rest. Swipe through. Next, choose your most favorite six of the rooms and the app will tell you what you love and will help guide you on your interior design journey. This is also a great way to show people what you like instead of using words. If you’re getting help from a designer or a really talented friend, or want to describe to your real estate agent the ideas you have for a potential home, this is the app to help.
- Find out what makes a home feel like home
- Takes you from a clean slate to giving you an understanding of your style
- Save time and money
- Fun and engaging
- Free with in-app purchase to unlock all zones
Home Design 3D - Free gives you the opportunity to test out the functionality of the full version and see what it can do for you, before you pay for the full version. So what is it? You can mess around with floor plans and room layouts, import plans, add furniture and decor pieces, and choose things like wallpaper and paint color and more. You don’t need an Internet connection and there is an illustrated tutorial available if you need help. You can’t save projects in the free version, but there are no limits to what you can do with it other than that. If you make a design you want, purchase the upgrade and your project will be saved.
- Help plan renovations
- Create, redesign, redecorate, and change your home
- Import plans
- Share via Dropbox
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
Roomhints Interior Design Ideas will help you design your home. The app will answer questions, help you choose products, and also help limit the typical frustrations that come along with redecorating a space. Just upload a photo of your room and connect with a designer. Her or she will answer your questions by sending you hints. If you like the hints, you can actually purchase what was suggested within the app. You’re basically getting suggestions from an interior designer for free, and of course, you don’t have to purchase anything at all.
- Connect with a designer
- Ask questions
- The designer will give you hints
- Purchase hint suggestions from within the app
- Free iPhone app for interior design