Do you love to roll the dice? If so, then check out our list of these awesome dice apps. From classic style dice games to some really creative dice adventures, we’ve got you covered. Enjoy the realistic sound effects, cool graphics, smooth gameplay, responsive touch controls and more. Try your luck or kill some time with these best dice apps for your iPhone.
The best dice apps for iPhone
15 Jan 2017, by Rick Rockwell
This app brings the excitement of your favorite classic dice games to your phone. You can match strategies with players from all over the world and watch as you climb the leaderboard. It has a realistic feel with a virtual cup you use to shake the dice and realistic sound effects. Choose between a quick game, a random opponent, or you can play against friends. There’s also a Dice Duel Pro mode that requires in-app purchase. Achievements and daily challenges are available to keep things interesting and you can even chat with your opponents during games.
- Classic dice game excitement
- Play against opponents all over the world and climb the leaderboard
- Virtual cup and realistic sound effects
- Four different modes of play
- In-game chat is available
If you just can’t get enough of dice games this one will catch your attention. It has 6 games all rolled into one app including: Yahtzee, Farkle, Pig, Threes, Balut, and 24. No matter which game you choose to play you’ll appreciate the 3D effects that make it feel like you’re really throwing a set of dice. You can play against friends by challenging them on Facebook, challenge random opponents, play against previous opponents that gave you a good game, or you can just play against the computer. There’s a leaderboard to track your progress and you can remove the ads with an in-app purchase.
- 6 games in one
- 3D game effects
- Play against friends, random opponents, or previous opponents
- Challenge the computer
- Track your progress on the leaderboard
When you’re tired of the same old dice games that you’ve been playing for years OneBust may be just the game to rekindle your love of dice games. This unique game is simple to play, but challenging enough to keep you on your toes. Choose between a solo game or play a random opponent. Make sure you’re logged on to Game Center first and then you can track your progress against anyone in the world. You have five rounds to collect as many points as you can and you can roll as many times as you like in each round. Be careful though if you roll a one you’ll bust and it’s game over!
- Choose between a solo game or random opponent
- Log on to Game Center and track your progress against the world
- Collect as many points as you can in five rounds
- You choose how many times you roll in each round
- Avoid rolling a one or the game’s over!
Farkle Dice – Free might be one of the most fun and addictive dice games you’ll come across in the App Store. It brings one of your favorite classic dice games to your iPhone and it does it with a Wild West themed background that really entertains. You can play against a computer opponent or a random live opponent through Game Center. The game board looks and feels like a real casino table and the dice roll and sound effects add to the realism. You can also check how your best measures up against others on the leaderboard. There are ads which can be removed with in-app purchase.
- Classic Farkle with a Wild West theme
- Play against a computer opponent or live opposition
- Realistic casino style play
- Real dice rolls and great sound effects
- Measure your best against the leaderboard
This game brings a taste of the casino into your own Livingroom. If you love Craps, you’ll love this game. With its unique touch physics technology you get to develop your own throwing technique for the table. When you get on a roll you may attract the attention of a big roller as a patron that will bank roll your winning run. Players can try their own strategies against seasoned professionals. When you find a winning strategy you can use the Replay Bets option to keep going. No matter how well you think you’re doing it’s nice to get a second opinion and you can do that with the social chat feature.
- Casino realism
- Create your own unique throwing style
- Play well and get bank rolled by a patron
- Reuse winning strategies with Replay Bets
- Social chat feature
There are plenty of Farkle style dice games for the iPhone, but not many that match the unique gameplay of Farkle Mania – Online Multiplayer. You can play using your Facebook account or as a guest. The action is fast paced with realistic 3D graphics and an information board that helps track your progress. Choose between classic and item mode and you can fly solo, play against friends, or join a tournament. There’s also a message board for communicating with other players that’s intuitive and fun to use. The better you do the more coins you collect. Coins can also be obtained by in-app purchase.
- Play using your Facebook account or as a guest
- Realistic 3D graphics
- Information board tracks your progress each round
- Choose between classic and item mode
- A message board for player communications
Dice Cruncher isn’t your average dice game app. This is a strategic game that will require your complete concentration if you’re going to be successful. The game play board looks a lot like a standard calculator except that it’s used as the playing surface for a unique dice game. It’s up to you to pick your own dice key and then add it to the calculator. Pick a target number and then measure the success of each roll against the target you’ve selected. You can remember your favorite rolls, view your roll history at any time, and you can sort the rolls in any way you like.
- Game play board uses a calculator to track rolls
- Pick your dice key and add it to the calculator
- Pick a target number and measure your roll success against it
- Remember favorite rolls
- View roll history and control how it’s sorted
With this app you get a chance to relive the classic game of Yahtzee. It features simple graphics and a familiar game board with thirteen categories. You get 3 rolls per round and there are 13 rounds overall. To play you simply tap on the roll button at the bottom, tap on the category you’ve rolled a match for and save your score. Next to the roll button is a play button that starts the next round. You can choose between a one player game, a game against the computer, or pass and play with friends. It’s also integrated with Game Center for comparing scores with other players.
- Simple graphics and classic Yahtzee style play
- 3 rolls per round and 13 rounds total
- Tap on the roll button to play and the play button to move to the next round
- Three different game modes
- Game Center leaderboard
Game of Dice is a lot more intense than it sounds. The graphics are a lot of fun with a distinct Anime style theme to them. You roll the dice to move your character around a board and collect properties as you go – much like Monopoly. The idea is to collect as much money as possible (Joy) and try to make your opponent go bankrupt. Other unique features include skill cards to enhance your abilities, crossroad shortcuts through the game that may lead to fortune or misery, and various other potential bonuses and hazards as you go. The app also allows for play against opponents worldwide in real time. There are in-app purchases in this game.
- Unique Anime style graphics and sound effects
- Monopoly style board play
- Collect Joy and watch your opponents go bankrupt
- Enhance your abilities with skill cards
- Crossroads that lead to either fortune or misery