There are many iPhone applications for music lovers to choose from. These apps can enable users to listen to the latest songs, download their favorite tunes, add them to their personalized playlist, or simply sing along. Check out our list of the best iPhone apps for all the music lovers out there!
The best iPhone apps for music lovers
12 Feb 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
When you're looking for a way to identify any song and the artist singing it, simply download Shazam.
- "Liking" the song will instantly provide the iTunes store link to it
- Links to the artist’s Youtube videos
- Shows you the biography of the artist
- Schedules of tours and concerts
- Songs and information can be shared via email, Twitter, and Facebook
Shazam App Review
For users who like to keep track of their favorite artists' latest releases such as singles or albums, this application is the way to go.
- Notifies users when a particular artist releases his or her album
- Syncs with local music playlist
- Songs can be viewed easily and quickly
- Displays on the phone’s home screen new album or single released by the artist
- Daily updates for local shows on or near your town
Is radio music lacking in the variety department? Here’s a great alternative.
- Extensive variety of genres and musical styles
- Includes talk and sports radio
- “Radio Roolette” function recommends stations according to your preference
- Largest database of streaming radio stations
- Customizable alarm
A couple of years ago, this app was frequently featured for its too-gimmicky-to-be-true concept, but thankfully, the user experience has been tweaked to such an extent that it really is the best of its kind out there for the iOS today!
- Recognizes song title simply by “humming” it on your iPhone
- Identifies vocal pitches by variety
- Unlimited music IDs
- Links to the Wikipedia page of the song/artist in question
- Fun to play with
SoundHound ∞ app review: recognizes music playing around you
Leave it up to the electronic minstrel, Brian Eno, to come up with a musical app that is as much about themes as it is about textures. For all intents and purposes, Bloom is just a flashier counterpart to the No-Wave movement of the early ‘80s!
- Aesthetically pleasing to the eye
- Allows users to “compose” music simply by tapping the screen
- Self-generates random music when not in use
- Creative visual palettes
- Mood Shuffle function
Best music making apps for the iPhone
Users can listen to more than a thousand radio stations from different countries with this app!
- Chooses from among various categories such as location and genre
- Makes it possible for users to customize their own music by choosing from the catalog
- Numerous songs and artists
- Discovery Tuner function enables the user to control the variety of music they want to listen to
- Allows users to rate or give their own feedback to the songs that the DJs play
iHeartRadio App Review
If you're the kind of person who enjoys discovering artists and listening to their music albums chronologically, then this app is sure to appeal to you.
- Mini-equalizer on all screens
- Choose preset equalizer settings or create your own for each song, album, playlist, or genre
- Cover flow animation
- Organize by artist, album, compilations, and playlists
- Drag and drop interface for playlists
Gesture-based controls, sleek skins, and an easy-to-use interface: this app has it all.
- 21 skins to choose from or use your own image
- Links to the official website of the artist you're currently listening to
- Auto-lock disable function
- Built-in sleep timer
- Search for related YouTube videos