The sad truth is that countries have been invaded with less careful planning than is required to ensure an optimal vacation at Walt Disney World. It may be the most magical place in the world, but the truth is that a successful Disney vacation doesn’t happen by magic; it takes preparation and information. Check out our list of the most helpful Disney World apps to save you time, money, and frustration at the happiest place on earth.
The best iPad apps for Disney world
1 Oct 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Attraction Wait Times, the iPad app for Disney World covers the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. The Wait Times for Disney World app features:
- Ride wait times viewable by park, GPS, search or your favorites
- See recent times submitted for each ride
- Submit a ride wait time if you are in the park
- Displayed times are based on app user submitted times
- Free app updates to get new data and new features
- Works with VoiceOver Accessibility for the blind
Walt Disney World trivia will test your knowledge of everything related to the resort. From the Magic Kingdom to Epcot, there are plenty of questions to test and increase your knowledge of the parks. This Walt Disney theme park app includes 200 questions in 2 different trivia packs. As we gain more followers on our social pages, we'll push more updates and more questions. Simple as that. This Disney world app is free.
- Multiple Free Trivia packs
- Tons of Questions
- Easy to use and look at
- Support indie game development
- It's fun!
This app for those who love the World of Disney. The premier Magic Guide ® app for Disney World includes current wait times, retina park maps, dining menus with search, park hours, favorites, Nearby GPS, photos, and much more. Download the app and get informed about everything in Disney World. With this app you can easily plan your visit to any place in Disney World. With Magic Guide you will be able to
- zoom in to see attractions, park layouts, restaurants and restrooms;
- see menus and info for over 300 Disney World restaurants, carts and stands;
- organize a dining schedule with your reservations or plans;
- know all Park hours and wait time features;
- get free app updates to get new data and new features.
The thing about a Walt Disney World vacation is the more effort you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Get started gaining valuable information (and ramping up your excitement) with a subscription to WDW Magazine. Pour over stunning photos and informative articles, which will interest even the most dedicated Disney-phile. Each issue contains 120 pages of unique information. Find out when to visit, how to plan your trip, or just enjoy the stunning photography. The app includes videos and topical issues. Reads on the iPad just like a high quality glossy magazine. This one is a bit steep at $4.99 for a month or $47.99 for year; be warned that the subscription automatically renews, unless you cancel.
- Stunning photos and informative articles
- 120 pages of unique information
- Videos and topical issues
- Reads beautifully on iPad
- Users purchase subscription for $4.99 a month
LINES by TouringPlans.com promises to take the guess work out of planning your day at the WaltDisneyWorld theme parks. The app will tell you when to visit which park by giving you a crowd volume forecast. LINES offers more necessary time management information than even the official WDW app. Users can access the official Disney posted wait times, along with the app’s “actual wait” estimate. The app conveniently combines ride wait time with FASTPASS times, which is helpful information for planning. Users can also access Disney meal plan info, which can be notoriously hard to keep straight. Disney World Lines from TouringPlans.com app review
- Crowd volume forecast
- More information than official WDW app
- Actual wait estimate
- Combines wait time with FASTPASS wait time
- Free Disney World app for iPad
Obviously, the official Walt Disney World app is magical. This gold mine of an app is an interactive GPS enabled map plus a central hub for every aspect of your vacation, all conveniently accessible on your iPad. With a click of a screen you can buy tickets, make or alter reservations, review your PhotoPass photos, and manage your FastPass. Customize your app experience by inputting key information to the My Plans screen, located right on your iPhone home screen. Input specialized search fields to find just the right ride, attraction, or restaurant for your gluten-free two year old. Advise your teen as to wait times and location of the big kid rides by connection directly to her device through the Family and Friends feature. My Disney Experience - Walt Disney World app review
- GPS enabled map
- Manage reservations, FastPass
- Buy tickets
- Specialized search option
- Connect to Family and Friends