There is something just so addictive and fun about a classic card game and one of the most classic ones out there is Solitaire. It’s hard to find someone who isn’t familiar with the game and who isn’t just a tad bit addicted to it. It’s almost impossible to play just one game and because it’s so easy to understand you can pick it up and enjoy it right away. This is a collection of solitaire apps that feature the classic version as well as all kinds of fun and challenging variations.
The best iPad apps for Solitaire
11 Apr 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Sometimes it can be hard to take a game that is so well known and shake it up and make it seem fresh. That's exactly what the ▻Solitaire app attempts to do by providing players with slick graphics, challenging gameplay, and all kinds of added options. It takes all the features you know and love in the classic game and then adds modern touches and features. There are three different levels of difficulty here which will determine how easy or hard they are to solve. The app automatically saves your current game, offers hints, keeps track of your statistics, and plenty more.
Other solitaire apps by Mobilityware include :-
- Choose from three levels of difficulty
- The app keeps track of your stats
- The app automatically saves your game
- Features all the rules you know and love
- The app has a sleek modern look to it
- This one uses drag and drop functionality
Solitaire App Review
Do you consider yourself an above average solitaire player? If yes, then check out this app. It will put your solitaire skills to the test with many cool features. The game has two decks and then a row of cards that you can liberate during gameplay. There are three free deals on three different levels of difficulty. Users will also enjoy view and audio of Winston Churchill during the game. Earn badges, rise up the ranks, challenge friends and family, Game Center integration, iCloud support and more. There are numerous in-app purchase for various features like hints, undos and more.
- A challenging version of solitaire based on Churchill
- Two decks, Devil’s Six and Challenging gameplay
- Free deals, Earn badges, Move up the ranks
- Audio and video from Churchill, iCloud support
- In-app purchases for various features
If you are stuck on the Windows version of the classic game of Solitaire then this is an absolute must-have app. The Solitaire app provides you with that same game that you get on your computer with all the same features. Enjoy winning deal, the chance to play in multi-player mode, take part in daily challenges, and of course the app supports Game Center so you can prove who is the ultimate player. In the multi-player games you’ll be playing in real-time and you can square off against a friend or a random player. There are plenty of options here that you can adjust and customize, including the scoring system, which can be Vegas or Standard style.
- Enjoy the Windows version of solitaire
- Plenty of features you can adjust and customize
- Engage in real-time multi-player challenges
- The app supports Game Center
Solitaire app review
If you're sick of those solitaire games that are absolutely loaded with annoying ads then the Solitaire City (Ad-Free) app will be a breath of fresh air. Not only will you not be bothered by ads but there is no need for in-app purchases here. You can simply launch the app and enjoy the game. It's impossible to get bored with this app because you aren't just getting the classic game; there are 60 variations for you to try out. No matter which one you pick you can play your own iTunes music in the background, enjoy the HD graphics, and the sound effects will get your attention. Engage in interactive training and give yourself an extra challenge with the Leaderboards.
- There are no in-app purchases necessary
- This one is ad-free
- Enjoy HD graphics
- There are 60 variations of the game
- The app supports the Leaderboard
If you've got some time on your hands and you're looking for an easy to understand yet fun game look no further than the ⋆Solitaire+ app. This one offers up the features and tools most look for and the animations, sound effects, and simple layout make it all the more appealing. There are non-stop options available here such as the option to draw three cards or one, there are unlimited redos, Vegas or Standard scoring, you can play in landscape or portrait mode, the app keeps track of your statistics, and there are achievements. One thing is for sure: once you start playing you won’t be able to put it down.
- The app features Vegas and Standard scoring
- Play in landscape or portrait mode
- The cards are large and easy to read
- The sound effects and animations are sleek and add to the fun
- The app keeps track of your statistics
The Solebon Solitaire app has been created for diehard solitaire fans that are looking for more than just the typical standard version of the game. In this app you'll be able to enjoy all kinds of variations on the original and each one has its own custom animations that make the game all the more fun. Features include being able to customize the look of the game, the app supports the Leaderboards, you can pinch to zoom in on the game, there are unlimited undos, the app features scoring/timer/and statistics, and the sound effects will grab your attention.
- Enjoy the classic game of solitaire
- There are all kinds of game variations included
- The app supports the Leaderboards
- Pinch to zoom in
- There are unlimited undos
- The app is user-friendly
- Play in portrait or landscape mode
If you're not interested in all kinds of features, options, and variations, and you just want to enjoy a classic game of Solitaire, the Solitaire app is the way to do it. This one lets you pick between draw three cards or one card, you can show the timer while you play, there are unlimited games available to you, it uses drag and drop functionality, and it uses the standard system of rules and scoring. Your game will automatically be saved so you can come back to it whenever you want and it supports Game Center and the Leaderboard.
- A user-friendly streamlined version of the game
- The app supports the Game Center and the Leaderboard
- There are no confusing menus and options
- The app uses the standard system of rules and scoring
- Your game is automatically saved
If you're new to the game of Solitaire and are looking for a basic entry-level app that features challenge and fun the Solitaire 7 app is an excellent option. Here you'll be able to enjoy unlimited games so you can play as often as you like. You'll find the large cards easy to read and easy to move around on the screen. The app uses drag and drop functionality, auto complete, and the Standard system of rules and scoring. Choose to draw either three cards or one, the app keeps track of your stats, and it supports the Game Center and Leaderboard. Your game is automatically saved so you never lose your progress.
- A basic and fun offering
- The app supports Game Center and Leaderboard
- Your game is automatically saved
- The cards are large which make them easy to read and move
- The app uses the Standard system of rules and scoring
Solitaire is one of those games that is loved by the masses but at the same time it can get a bit repetitive and boring. That isn't the case with the Solitaire * app which features 36 different variations of the game all for free. It doesn’t matter which variation you pick you’re in for a challenge and a whole lot of fun. This may just make you love the game of Solitaire all over again. Features include user-friendly rules for each of the game, an auto-save feature, the undo feature, you can share your high score to social media, the app supports Game Center, and you'll love the sound effects and animations.
- Breathes new life in the classic game
- Get 36 variations of the game for free
- The sound effects and animations are fun
- There is an auto-save and undo feature
- There are rules for each of the games
Solitaire * app review: offering a huge collection of solitaire games
It doesn't get sleeker, smoother, and more user-friendly than the Card Shark Solitaire app. This one has been made with the player in mind which is why you'll find the large cards which are easy to move around, the ability to play your music in the background, fun 3D graphics, you can use Vegas scoring, and you have the ability to customize the look of your cards. Make use of the undo button, you'll love how quickly the games load, and there are also a number of Solitaire variations to try out. Of course it uses drag and drop functionality and supports both left- and right-handed players.
- There are a number of variations of the game
- Supports left- and right-handed players
- There is an undo button
- The app uses drag and drop functionality
- The cards are large and easy to read