It's time to start broadcasting the events in your life using live video streaming using your iPhone. In days of old a person had to have a camcorder and things were never broadcast live, unless they worked for a news station. These days, pretty much everyone in first world countries has a smartphone, and even many in developing countries. Pretty much a quarter of humans on earth has the capability of being connected to the Internet at any one time, ready to broadcast or watch a live streaming video. Here's our list for the best live streaming apps for the iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for live streaming
2 May 2017, by Rick Rockwell
The Livestream app lets you view live events or stream your own content. Hundreds of thousands of broadcasters have events online from around the world and you can follow favorites and friends and get notifications when their content goes live. Viewers on Twitter, Facebook, Livestream, or any other website with streaming capabilities will have access to your videos. Want to watch on the big screen? Use Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast. Some of the events you can watch include music, sports, news, and more. There are over 75,000 live events being streamed each month so you'll never be out of things to watch. Check out our review for more information.
- Search, explore, and stream your own content live
- Hundreds of thousands of broadcasters
- Broadcast to viewers watching on Twitter, Facebook, Livestream, and other sites
- Watch events on your TV using Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast
- Free iPhone app for live streaming
Here’s a browser designed to stream HD video from your iDevice to Apple TV or Chromecast. The streaming process is smooth, fast and very convenient. Check out your URL history, add or delete icons, improved user interface, increased streaming speeds, consistent updates for bugs, and really easy to connect to Apple TV or Chromecast. This app is great for users of all skill levels and definitely worth having if you like to stream HD videos from your iPhone to your TV.
- Stream HD video to other devices
- Smooth process, Easy to connect
- Check URL history, Add or Delete icons
- Increased streaming speeds
- Simple and visually appealing interface
Broadcast your life, events, trips and anything else your heart desires with this app. It’s a great way to share your life with friends and family who live around the globe. The app has many cool features like group video chat, broadcast moments, show-off your talent, interact with your fans, receive gifts from fans and more. If you love making and sharing videos with others, then you will love this app. There are several in-app purchase options for coins.
- Broadcast and share your videos with others
- Create group chats with friends
- Interact with fans, Receive gifts
- Very easy to set-up and broadcast
- In-app purchases for coins
Experience and explore the world through Periscope. This app allows users to broadcast videos from around the world. If there’s breaking news, you’re on a cool adventure, interviewing people or any other realistic purpose, then this app is perfect for you. In fact, it makes live streaming videos fun and professional looking. Discover other broadcasters, search for broadcasts based on topics or locations, watch highlights of broadcasts if you missed the live video, share live videos via social media, broadcast privately to followers or friends and more.
- Broadcast live videos from anywhere in the world
- Discover other broadcasters
- Search for live videos by location or topic
- Watch highlights of videos, Share live videos
- Broadcast to public or privately to friends and followers
Connect with other broadcasters or become one yourself on this popular and trendy live video streaming app. With just one tap, you can broadcast live from where you are. You can also be a part of live chats, comment or ask questions, follow your favorite broadcasters, invite your friends and followers from social media to join, enjoy vides on trending topics, use funny filters for your videos, add makeup effects to your videos, search videos by hashtags, share with others and much more. This game takes elements of gaming, social media and live streaming to make an addicting app. There are numerous in-app purchases for coin gift bags.
- One tap to broadcast live from anywhere
- Participate in chats, Follow your favorites
- Invite others to join, Share via Social Media
- Search via hashtags, Add filters to your videos
- In-app purchases for coin gift bags
The nowlive app is a video platform for you to watch live events on your iPhone. You can watch everything from red carpet premieres to concerts, sporting events, and music festivals. You also have the ability to simultaneously watch up to four screens in high-def, switch among screens with no buffering, interact with your favorite social channels, and drag and drop the Picture in Picture screens while you watch the main screen. All of this is done in high-definition quality with an integrated event menu so you can see what's up next.
- Watch live events unfold on your iPhone
- Watch four screens at once
- View Picture in Picture screens
- Interact with Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr without leaving the app
- Free with in-app purchase
The Cube makes it easy to stream live to the cloud and have your watchers see your event instantly. Record events like performances, weddings, lectures, sports games, concerts, board meetings, and more, and share them, live. Want to share your child's school play with out-of-town family and friends? Just let them know when to watch! You can also watch other people's events, all for free. Use Samsung Smart TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast to watch directly on your television. You can even stream live to Twitter! Add comments during your live stream to interact with your audience.
- Stream live to the cloud
- Record all your live events to share
- Watch other people's events
- Stream live to Twitter
- Free with optional in-app purchases
Be the star, producer, and director of your own live shows with Live:Air Solo. You get tools like overlays, graphics, and transitions as well as support for the popular live streaming sites and apps. You can easily switch between the front and rear cameras, cut to pre-recorded videos you have saved, and even add a secondary wireless camera input using a WiFi-enabled Teradek encoder like VidiU. You don't have to have any previous streaming experience in order to use this intuitive app. Transitions and audio mixing are automated, so the user interface is minimal.
- For users of all levels
- Share your story live
- Many intuitive features
- Easily show off your events on Ustream, Twitch, Livestream, and YouTube Live
- Free iPhone app for live streaming
You will be streaming HD video across the world when you use the Broadcaster app along with your iPhone's camera or live broadcasts when you use it with the Logitech Broadcaster WiFi camera. You can control the camera, announce your video broadcast, share the live URL, preview your live video, and interact with your live audience using this app. When you record video to your iPhone, use the app to trim clips and post to YouTube or Facebook, export video for more editing or sharing, and store the clips on your device.
- Stream pre-recorded video using clips from your iPhone
- Stream live video with the Logitech Broadcaster WiFi camera
- Preview live video
- Share the live URL
- Must have a Ustream account to stream video to the web
If there are events you want to live stream online, try Event-Cast. It's quick, simple, and easy to use this app. You won't want to go back to other live streaming apps after you try this one that turns your iPhone into a portable webcast studio. Add logos, scoreboards, and more! You can schedule your webcast in advance, share your event with Twitter, Facebook, or by email, or post a link on your blog or website. Want to watch someone else's webcast? Go ahead: you can watch on your iPhone or iPad or on your television with the Event-Cast Roku channel. The app is free to download and offers a variety of options for purchasing packages.
- Stream live events
- Easy to use
- Add scoreboards and logos
- Schedule your webcast
- Free with in-app purchases
Video & TV Cast is an app designed for Fire TV. You'll be able to watch online movies, web videos, live television streams, and camera roll videos on your Amazon Fire. Browse the web and stream any video you want. There is an option to upgrade to Premium Edition which unlocks many more features like Playbar, Local Videos, Ad-Blocker, Remove Ads, Bookmarks, Desktop Mode, and Change Homepage. All of the premium features are also available as individual upgrades via in-app purchases. Please note that DMR protected videos like HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and iTunes movies are not supported.
- Watch live television streams, web videos, online movies, and camera roll videos
- Use Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick with this app
- Many premium features available together or individually
- Easy to use
- Supports almost 90 percent of all videos on the web