Whether you are completely addicted to Facebook or just like to browse a little when you have some free time, you're probably doing it on your iPad or iPhone. Aside from the official Facebook app, which really can't be beat, there are many third-party FB apps that offer some great features. Check out our list of the best Facebook apps for iPad if you want to change things up and try something new.
The best iPad apps for Facebook
21 Sep 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you've ever had to search for a specific FB post from your past, near or far, and had problems, you'll understand how frustrating it can be. Search For Posts makes it all easier to find a post you made last week, last month, last year, or even farther back. You can see the found posts, videos, and photos, and share links to your found posts via Air Drop, email, or text. You are also able to search for posts by Facebook friends who use the app or a FB page that you like. The free version allows you to search as many times as you want but only shows up to three search results. A one-time in-app purchase gives you unlimited searches. Have a look at our review to see how it works.
- Quickly and easily find a certain post, link, photo or video you made to Facebook
- Go back a week, month, year, or more
- Search by keyword or time frame
- Free version shows up to three search results
- In-app purchase gives you unlimited searches
VideoCalls.io makes connecting with Facebook friends even easier. You get free unlimited video calling to other app users with HD video and high audio quality. You won't have to remember a user name or password because you sign in using your Facebook login info. The person you are calling must also have a FB account. This app is optimized for the iPad so its user interface is well designed and easy to use. If your friend is on a desktop computer, you can still make the call using the web browser.
- Connect with FB friends
- Unlimited video calls to other users
- iPhone, iPad, or computer
- All you need is a Facebook account and this app
- No user names or passwords to remember
Schedule your Facebook posts ahead of time, and sync it with content across all your social media accounts with this scheduler app. You can post your updates to not only your Facebook and Twitter, but also your Facebook Page, and Facebook Group accounts in one go. Posts can be published immediately or staggered for a later publishing date and time.
- Post content across Facebook profile, group, and page
- Publish immediately or later
- Great for small business owners
- Free Facebook app
- Unlimited accounts and posts per day
One of the most important aspects of social media marketing is the quality as well as quantity of one's following. This app enables users to grow their Facebook following to connect users with just one click. Users are matched with others in real time, using geo-fencing technology, ensuring you connect with people who are near you, be it at a business meeting, party, or university setting. Users need not search for others out there, you can simply find people around you and send out friend and follow requests
- One click connectivity
- Connect in real time
- Connects with people near you using geo-fencing tech
- No searching required
- Sends out friend and follow requests
One of the most annoying parts of setting up a social media account is searching to make sure your username is available. This app helps find a username that has not been taken up on most of the popular social media websites. This enables you to have a consistent username through each account, which is important. There are more than 65 networks on which you can search for availablility of your desired username, out of which about 20 are available freely, while others can be unlocked via a $1.99 in-app purchase
- Searches for username availability
- Searches multiple platforms at once
- 20+ networks in the free app
- More than 65 social networks can be unlocked
- Lightweight (4.7 MB)
So you've got your Facebook all set up but you still need to know what you're doing right and what isn't working. This app generates detailed social media reports that help you figure out which accounts, and users are liking or commenting on your posts. You can also see who isn't following you back on Twitter and Instagram. Short reports and lists are generated for free, but users can also choose a $4.99 subscription that lets them receive detailed reports and analytics.
- Generates social media reports
- Tracks accounts, posts, and users that like or comment
- Check who doesn't follow back
- All the stats from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Free short reports and lists with detailed reports via IAP subscriptions
Everypost is a social media publishing tool that allows you to create, schedule, customize, and post content to several different social media platforms including Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, tumblr, and Google+. You can manage your pages and publish content to multiple platforms, allowing you to reach more audiences. Everypost makes any post, video, or photo work. Main features include many features like Twitter text shortener, the ability to search and curate content from Flickr and YouTube, a URL shortener, and more. You can also choose your Pinterest boards.
- Unlimited postings
- Send posts via email
- Publish content like photos, text, and videos
- Choose your Tumblr blogs, Pinterest boards, and Google+ circles
- Free with optional in-app purchase to upgrade for more features
Status Shuffle Lite for Facebook has been running for over eight years, so you know it will do exactly what it promises. The app allows you to choose your status for those times when you can't come up with anything to say. You can store your favorite sayings within the app, or post one right to Facebook. There's a huge selection to choose from including happy, sad, and funny statuses and more. Favorites are automatically synced so you can access them from any device or computer. This is the free version, which allows 1500 shuffles and has ads. If you'd like unlimited shuffling and no ads, the paid version is a separate app. Check out our review here.
- Long-running and well-known
- Choose a status that expresses how you feel
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver for those with visual impairments
- Store your favorites
- Post your status right from within the app
FaceView takes a look at all the users who have interacted with you recently and compiles the data on them: who recently liked your post, who viewed your profile recently, and more. The app shows the list of users who like you the most, make the most comments, tag you, follow you, and message you. You are able to view up to the most recent 200 lists. Want to see a list of the top 20 people who interact with you? Now you can. The free version has limited functionality; for example, you can view the top five out of 20 and have to upgrade to view the rest.
- See who interacted with you recently
- View who interacts with you the most
- See who commented, liked, followed, tagged, or messaged you
- Top 20 List
- Free version has ads and limited functionality; upgrade with in-app purchases
Friendly is the app that allows you to switch among multiple platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and FB Messenger. You can order your feed by Most Recent, configure Ad Blocker, download photos, view Instagram, and choose user TouchID or PIN code to log in. You can repost photos to Facebook and customize your color for each account so you can keep them separate. You can chat with your FB friends without leaving the app, change your profile photo, and even customize your Facebook profile, all from within Friendly. If you'd like more information about the app, have a look at our review.
- Switch among multiple platforms
- Use Facebook, Instagram, and FB Messenger all from within the app
- Order your feed how you want
- Download, view, and post photos to FB
- Free with an in-app purchase to remove ads