Whether you are completely addicted to Facebook or just like to browse a little when you have some free time, you're probably doing it on your iPad or iPhone. Aside from the official Facebook app, which really can't be beat, there are many third-party FB apps that offer some great features. Check out our list of the best Facebook apps for iPad if you want to change things up and try something new.
The best iPad apps for Facebook
1 Jul 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you've ever had to search for a specific FB post from your past, near or far, and had problems, you'll understand how frustrating it can be. Search For Posts makes it all easier to find a post you made last week, last month, last year, or even farther back. You can see the found posts, videos, and photos, and share links to your found posts via Air Drop, email, or text. You are also able to search for posts by Facebook friends who use the app or a FB page that you like. The free version allows you to search as many times as you want but only shows up to three search results. A one-time in-app purchase gives you unlimited searches. Have a look at our review to see how it works.
- Quickly and easily find a certain post, link, photo or video you made to Facebook
- Go back a week, month, year, or more
- Search by keyword or time frame
- Free version shows up to three search results
- In-app purchase gives you unlimited searches
Radar for Facebook is a geo-sharing app that allows you to broadcast your location to your friends and family members, public users with similar shared interests, and mutual friends on Facebook. The app will show you which of your friends are close by, and you have the option to message them, get directions to their location, and view their location on the map. The Public Radar feature shows public users who are nearby, and allows you to add people you've just met in real life. Want to meet some new people? You can chat with locals who either have mutual friends or similar interests. Check out our review of Radar for Facebook here.
- Geo-sharing app
- Broadcast your location and see where your friends are
- Message friends who are close by, see a map, or view directions to their location
- Public Radar function shows public users and mutual friends
- Free iPad app for Facebook
VideoCalls.io makes connecting with Facebook friends even easier. You get free unlimited video calling to other app users with HD video and high audio quality. You won't have to remember a user name or password because you sign in using your Facebook login info. The person you are calling must also have a FB account. This app is optimized for the iPad so its user interface is well designed and easy to use. If your friend is on a desktop computer, you can still make the call using the web browser.
- Connect with FB friends
- Unlimited video calls to other users
- iPhone, iPad, or computer
- All you need is a Facebook account and this app
- No user names or passwords to remember
Radar keeps your contacts organized by their latest activity on blogs, email, and social media platforms. This is especially helpful if you have a hard time keeping up with everyone and is great because it allows you to keep track of everyone across different platforms. Radar connects the platforms and allows you to use and create or import contacts for those people you want to stay informed about, all on one feed. Some of the platforms that are integrated with this app include Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, Medium, Pinterest, and Tumblr. This app is totally free.
- Keep your contacts organized and all in one place
- Tracks across different platforms
- Create and import contacts for your friends you want to keep up with
- Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, Medium, Pinterest, and Tumblr
- Totally free Facebook app companion
Everypost is a social media publishing tool that allows you to create, schedule, customize, and post content to several different social media platforms including Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, tumblr, and Google+. You can manage your pages and publish content to multiple platforms, allowing you to reach more audiences. Everypost makes any post, video, or photo work. Main features include many features like Twitter text shortener, the ability to search and curate content from Flickr and YouTube, a URL shortener, and more. You can also choose your Pinterest boards.
- Unlimited postings
- Send posts via email
- Publish content like photos, text, and videos
- Choose your Tumblr blogs, Pinterest boards, and Google+ circles
- Free with optional in-app purchase to upgrade for more features
Status Shuffle Lite for Facebook has been running for over eight years, so you know it will do exactly what it promises. The app allows you to choose your status for those times when you can't come up with anything to say. You can store your favorite sayings within the app, or post one right to Facebook. There's a huge selection to choose from including happy, sad, and funny statuses and more. Favorites are automatically synced so you can access them from any device or computer. This is the free version, which allows 1500 shuffles and has ads. If you'd like unlimited shuffling and no ads, the paid version is a separate app. Check out our review here.
- Long-running and well-known
- Choose a status that expresses how you feel
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver for those with visual impairments
- Store your favorites
- Post your status right from within the app
FaceView takes a look at all the users who have interacted with you recently and compiles the data on them: who recently liked your post, who viewed your profile recently, and more. The app shows the list of users who like you the most, make the most comments, tag you, follow you, and message you. You are able to view up to the most recent 200 lists. Want to see a list of the top 20 people who interact with you? Now you can. The free version has limited functionality; for example, you can view the top five out of 20 and have to upgrade to view the rest.
- See who interacted with you recently
- View who interacts with you the most
- See who commented, liked, followed, tagged, or messaged you
- Top 20 List
- Free version has ads and limited functionality; upgrade with in-app purchases
Friendly is the app that allows you to switch among multiple platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and FB Messenger. You can order your feed by Most Recent, configure Ad Blocker, download photos, view Instagram, and choose user TouchID or PIN code to log in. You can repost photos to Facebook and customize your color for each account so you can keep them separate. You can chat with your FB friends without leaving the app, change your profile photo, and even customize your Facebook profile, all from within Friendly. If you'd like more information about the app, have a look at our review.
- Switch among multiple platforms
- Use Facebook, Instagram, and FB Messenger all from within the app
- Order your feed how you want
- Download, view, and post photos to FB
- Free with an in-app purchase to remove ads
This app is for those of you looking to download videos and photos from Facebook to your iDevice. It’s a handy little app that’s easy to use and allows users to save their favorite videos and even upload them quickly from their iPhone or iPad. This app requires you to login to your Facebook account so that you can access the media that you see in your news feed. If you enjoy funny and personal videos from friends and family, then this app should be one of your must have Facebook apps.
- User friendly app that is simple to get the hang of
- Very Quick to Save or Upload photos and videos
- Need a Facebook account, Can access multiple FB accounts
- Mark videos as favorites, View later, Download when desired
- Great tool for those who want to share or save media files
Ever wonder how some posts go viral while others are barely noticed? Likie just might be the secret behind the success of famous viral phenomena like “the blue/black/gold dress.” With Likie you can get as many likes on your Facebook photos as you want, completely free of charge. Just upload your photo, select the age range and gender of the likers you want, pick a number of likes, and watch your likes accumulate. With Likie you’re on your way to getting the online and social media attention your photograph deserves. The app is great for bringing important issues to light online, so grab the app and influence the online world.
- Get noticed online
- Get your photo going viral
- Set the number of likes you want
- Maximize online attention
- Free iPad app for Facebook