How do you keep your kids busy? Thanks to the many available apps nowadays, keeping them busy doesn’t have to be a big deal. In fact. not only can you keep them busy in a productive way, they may even be able to learn thanks to the many kids-based apps that offer an educational experience. Here’s a list of apps that are dedicated to kids and keeping them entertained, happy, and even act as learning tools.
The best kids games for iPhone
12 Aug 2018, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Here’s a cute little casual style game that the kids are bound to love. The Clumsy Ninja app is filled with surprises and because this uses touch functionality even the little ones can play. Kids will be working to help this rather clumsy and cute ninja find his friend who has gone missing. In order to do this they’ll need to do things like throw him, train him, tickle him, and more. There are more than 70 different interactive elements at play within this game. The graphics here are incredible and feel realistic, sharp, and engaging. Kids are bound to become addicted to this one in a very short amount of time.
- The graphics will have kids intrigued instantly
- The game is easy to understand and uses touch functionality
- There are more than 70 interactive elements for kids to engage with
- This one will keep them busy and entertained for hours’ at a time
If your little one has been begging for a pet to take care of on their own, here’s the perfect way to offer them one that doesn’t carry with it all kinds of mess and added costs. The My Boo app gives kids a chance to own and care for a virtual pet. They will be responsible for feeding their pet, training it, dressing it, cleaning it, and keeping the pet happy. They begin by adopting their own Boo, who is a baby at the time, and then they get to watch their Boo grow. The game features smooth user-friendly graphics and kid-friendly menus.
- The game is kid-friendly and smooth
- Kids get to adopt their own virtual pet
- Kids are responsible for training, feeding, dressing, and cleaning their Boo
- The game offers amazing and entertaining graphics
If you have a toddler then the Preschool and kindergarten learning games app is an ideal one to introduce them to. This app focuses on a variety of skills, which are reading, math, and puzzles (perfect for problem-solving skills). As the developer explains this app gives parents the ability to transform their mobile device into a full preschool education center. This one uses the teaching of Montessori schools and works to engage with kids through graphics and sounds. Kids are able to work at their own pace, which allows for a stress-free environment. The app also follow the Common Core Standards that are outlined for preschoolers and kindergarten age kids.
- The app acts as its own educational center
- Kids will love the engaging graphics and sounds
- There are a variety of skills they will work on building and improving
- Topics include reading, math, and problem-solving
- The app follows Montessori school methods
For many kids puzzles are both fun and intriguing, and parents love them because they help to build a number of skills in the child. The Train Games for Kids app provides kids with a variety of zoo railroad themed puzzles that feature cute and cuddly characters. This app has been created for kids’ ages two through six and is of course child-friendly for them. There are 12 different puzzles and kids will receive positive motivation to help them stay focused. Parents can set the difficulty level by choosing more or less puzzle pieces.
- Ideal for kids ages two through six
- Parents can adjust the difficulty level of the puzzles
- There are 12 puzzles in total
- The characters are fun and engaging for kids
- The user interface is child-friendly
- Kids receive positive motivation throughout
Puzzles are an excellent way to encourage your child to use their mind and the Thinkrolls app is a great example of this. In this game they will need to work their way through all kinds of crazy and fun mazes. The app is a combination of a physics-based puzzle and a rolling ball platform. The app is ideal for kids ages three though eight as it offers just the right amount of challenge. As they work their way through the various chapters they will need to overcome the many obstacles that stand in their way, which is part of the puzzle right there. There are 104 “easy” levels and 103 “harder” levels.
- This one is a great combination of a physics-based puzzle with a rolling ball platform
- Ideal for kids ages three through eight
- There are more than 100 levels in easy and hard mode
- The obstacles are fun and challenging
There’s no better way to help kids explore their creative side than with the LOOPIMAL by YATATOY app. This one gives kids a chance to act as a musical composer, they will create their very own game sequences, and build loops of course. Animals will need to work their way through the sequences they create so the overall effect is fun and intriguing. This isn’t a game with a score, a timer, or anything else, it’s all about creative fun here. With that said there is also no wrong or right way to go about building the sequences.
- Kids can be completely free to create in this game
- There is no rules, score, timer, right, or wrong way to do things
- Kids can compose their own music
- Kids can build their own sequences and loops
- Send cute little animal characters through the creations
There’s just something about robots that kids find so intriguing, interesting, and fun which is exactly why The Robot Factory by Tinybot app seems to be such a hit with them. This app gives them a chance to make their very own robots, collect robots, and best of all test their robots out. There are a huge variety of parts to pick from which means each robot they build is bound to be unique. Once they finish building their robot they will need to test them through the use of physics to be sure their robot is able to walk, hop, run, and fly.
- Kids get to build their own robot
- There are a wide variety of random robot parts to use
- Kids will get to test out their robot to be sure it works
- They can collect robots
- The graphics are fun and realistic
- The game controls are kid-friendly