Check out our list of the best Parkinson apps for the iPhone, If you're like most people, you're probably on your iPhone a lot. Why not put it to good use and have it help manage your lifestyle and symptoms of Parkinson's disease? There are medicine trackers, puzzles, social media sites, reminder apps, speech aids, symptom trackers, and information apps, all of which can be useful to those with Parkinson's or their caregivers.
The best iPhone apps for Parkinson's Disease
20 Sep 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Parkinson’s disease app is designed with and for people with Parkinson’s who strive to live fully. For those participating in clinical studies we integrate with the Health app to read and collect your data to help your clinical study researchers better understand your disease state. So, download StrivePD app to know what to do to live well with this disease.
- Strive to live well with Parkinson’s disease
- Track what makes you feel better or worse
- Newer miss a medication
- Learn from patterns in your activities
MyParkinsonsTeam is a social network and support group for those living with Parkinson's. Get the emotional support, practical tips to manage your life with Parkinson's, and insights about treatment or therapies. MyParkinsonsTeam is the only social network where you can truly connect, make real friendships, and share daily ups and downs in a judgment-free place.
- Post updates about the daily ups & downs
- Get/Give instant hugs, likes & comments of support
- Search the Q+A section/ask and answer questions
- Get the support and propose the suggestions on [email protected]
know that each day is different. Wouldn't it be great to keep track of your day-to-day ups and downs and keep a record all in one place? Your doctor sure would! The iPhone app for Parkinsons helps you do this by using a variety of tools for tracking your Parkinson’s symptoms and finding patterns over time. The app uses activities and tests you can perform daily to objectively track your illness on different levels.
- Dyskinesia tracking allows for tracking excessive movements caused by medication over time.
- The tremor tracker tracks the involuntary shaking common with Parkinson's and shows you the severity over time.
- The finger tap test is a well-researched stand-in for overall central nervous system health.
- The cognition test is able to measure overall cognitive health.
- A specialized voice test measures the ability for vocal cords to produce a wide dynamic range of loudness.
- The mental health test measures your current emotional state and can track your mood over time.
- The memory test measures your short-term memory.
Peak - Brain Training will work your brain into top shape using more than 30 fun games. The games were all developed by neurosurgeons and are meant to challenge your cognitive skills. Play this app every day in short sessions and help improve your cognitive skills. This app adjusts to your skill level and provides you with in-depth performance analytics so you can track your progress. The games will challenge your Emotion Control, Attention, Memory, Mental Agility, Language, Creativity, and Problem Solving. The app is free but you can upgrade to a Pro account and get personalized workouts, more stats and insights, and unlimited access to all of the games. Peak - Brain Training app review
- Challenge your brain
- Learn where you excel and areas you need to work on
- More than 30 fun games
- Works with Apple Watch
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro
Whether you are a nurse, in-home care provider or someone who wants to learn more about health conditions and scenarios, this app is a great and safe way to practice medical decision making skills with proper feedback that even provides some key learning points. There are over 400 scenarios to practice and learn from. New scenarios are released each week, often dealing with various medical trends. Some of this information can be very technical and may require a medical background to understand. Prognosis : Your Diagnosis for iPad app review
- Practice medical decision making in a risk free platform
- Over 400 medical scenarios, New ones each week
- Comprehensive discussion, Diagnostic reasoning, Key learning points
- Great for medical students and medical professionals
- Highly popular medical app
This app provides several training modalities to help those who suffer from Parkinson’s disease. The first modality is a daily hand dexterity training that also helps improve coordination. Another section of the app is focused on speech and language difficulties. In this section, there are daily exercises, the ability to tailor exercises for personal needs, real-time feedback, track progress and historical reports. The pioneering treatment found in this app is groundbreaking and may be a quality resource for your loved one who suffers from Parkinson’s.
- A mobile app designed to help treat Parkinson’s
- Hand dexterity training exercises
- Speech and language exercises
- Get real-time feedback, Individualized exercises
- View progress made, See historical reports
Movement Disorders is the app version of “Movement Disorders, the official journal of the Movement Disorder Society.” You will get a mix of original peer-reviewed articles, case reports, commentaries, descriptions of new clinical syndromes, reviews, and more. You'll be able to share articles with students or colleagues, save your favorite articles, download articles to read later, get notifications when new issues are available, and stay current with the latest articles using Early View. Current subscribers can pair their device with their subscription to get full access to the app.
- Each issue features original research communications
- Stay up-to-date with the most important clinical and research results
- Download articles and issues to read later
- Share articles
- Free with subscription
Medisafe is a medication reminder app that will help you remember when to take your pills. Not only will you never again skip a dose, you won't ever double-dose because you couldn't remember if you already took your pills. It doesn't matter what kind of medication you need to take; common use involves fertility drugs, birth control, meds, and other prescriptions. The app has a simple user interface, HealthKit integration, and report sharing. Medisafe also can sync the family's pillboxes to one place so you can manage all of the medications taken by your family in one account. Medtones mean you can have Darth Vader, President Obama, Elsa, Dr. Evil, or other person/character remind you. MediSafe Meds & Pill Reminders app review
- Medtones make it fun
- Don't forget your dose again
- HealthKit integration
- Report sharing
- Free iPhone app for Parkinson's
The Parkinson's Speech Aid app replays the user's speech with a slight delay and change in pitch. It was developed to recreate the “choral speech effect,” which is when one or more people are talking with each other at the same time. This app allows the user to speak in unison with him or herself at a slight change in pitch and with a slight delay, which reduces the rate of speaking and should help reduce the number of repetitions. This is especially useful for those who stutter or struggle with speech problems form Parkinson's, Tourette's, and Autism.
- Meant to recreate the “choral speech effect”
- Provides Altered Auditory Feedback
- Replays the user's speech with a slight delay and change in pitch
- Reduces the rate of speaking
- Free app to help Parkinson's patients who have speech problems
Parkinson's Disease @Point of Care™ is a clinical support platform that is made up of chapters and other learning tools to cover information on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of Parkinson's disease. Users get contextual expansion of content, multimedia offerings, and features like bookmarks, note taking, search, and highlighting functions to help personalize your learning. Some of the chapters include etiology and pathophysiology, diagnosis, epidemiology, and current and investigational treatments. There are embedded hyperlinks to outside multimedia resources as well. Parkinson's Disease @Point of Care™ app review
- Clinical support platform
- Links to videos, journal articles, illustrations, and more
- Contextual expansion of content
- Progressive series of chapters
- Free iPhone app for Parkinson's