Are you looking for a way to up your game and hold yourself more accountable when it comes to your physical health? This list of apps may be exactly what you need as they are meant to be used as gym companion apps. They offer tools and features to help keep you focused, on track, meet your goals, and keep you motivated. It doesn’t matter what your exercise of choice happens to be you are bound to find an app here that works for you.
The best gym companion apps for the iPhone and iPad
13 Jun 2021, by Rick Rockwell
Trifecta, a fitness training app has been designed to be the ultimate all-in-one Fitness, Nutrition, and Tracking tool. Trifecta is at its core a powerful content engine keeping all the daily fitness information you care about in one place.
As an Official Sponsor of the UFC®, The US Olympic Team®, and the 2019 CrossFit® Games they take your fitness and nutrition seriously. With over 750+ workouts and a food database with 6 million+ food items, you will have everything you need to stay on track of your diet, nutrition, workouts, and PR’s all-in-one app!
- EASILY TRACK YOUR FOOD, MACROS, AND CALORIES
- PLAN AND ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
- LOG YOUR
- TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
Build muscle, lose fat and Stay motivated with BetterMen App!!! BetterMen will offer you a list of well-balanced and sensible meal plans compiled on the basis of your dietary habits and needs. It will also accompany you every step of the way on the hard journey to achieving the best version of yourself.
- Hundreds of gym & home workouts
- Clear instructions and videos for all exercises
- Meal plans and recipes
- Training plans created by top personal trainers
If you've ever considered or looked into getting a personal trainer then there's a good chance you know how expensive they can be. The JEFIT Workout app provides you with your own personal trainer that won't break your bank and that you can carry around with you. If you're new to the gym or you are just looking for a way to get motivated into going back to the gym, the app can help. This one has been created for all fitness levels, it features over 1,300 weight training exercises, you can track all kinds of things about your workout, and you can customize the app to build your own exercises and routines.
- Your own personal trainer
- This one has been created for all fitness levels
- There are more than 1,300 weight training exercises
- Customize the app
Your workout, your way. Sweat It gives you the power to design your own home workout to fit your schedule, current fitness level and mood without the need for expensive equipment. With Sweat It, you can design as many bespoke workouts as you like - or customise Sweat It’s pre-loaded simple workout plans to suit your needs - all in one handy app.
Suitable even for absolute beginners, the Sweat It workout routine plan for women is packed with step by step guides and video tutorials. The app’s pleasant and natural voice motivates without nagging - For those looking to lose weight at home, it’s like having your own personal trainer in your phone!
Any time, any place
Powered by you, Sweat It allows you to customise workouts to suit your mood, location or schedule. If you’re a fitness novice, don’t worry, Sweat It’s video guides and comprehensive exercise pool of over 120 exercises is included to give you plenty of inspiration. Whether you’ve got a whole afternoon or, just half an hour before picking up the kids, you can devise the perfect workouts for you and your life.
- Bodyweight home workouts - any time / any place
- High level of workout plans customisation - helps to tailor the workout to your needs
- 120 exercises, all with video guides explaining how to perform the exercises correctly
- Visible progress feature helps to compare photo / weight day by day
Gym Hero is a great tool for users to track their workouts and improve their progress. The app is completely customizable and helps users to quickly log their workouts. It has iCloud backup, the option to create your own exercises, summary for every workout, online locker, share your workouts with friends, send your exercise information to fitness professionals if you are working with a personal trainer, workout stats, timers, export options and more. This app has numerous in-app purchases that depend on your desires or needs.
- Track your workouts and fitness progress
- Completely customizable, iCloud backup
- Create own exercise database, Workout summary
- Share info with others, Timers, Stats, Export
- Numerous in-app purchases based on preferences
The MyTraining App is a free app with workouts for both men and women. These workouts cover a wide range of topics like functional training or weight lifting. Users can log their training with the workout calendar, add exercises to the library, choose from existing exercises, learn the proper movements by watching demonstrations, control the sets and weights, count intervals, see what others are doing and even use the private chat function to communicate with a fitness professional. There are lots of features to like in this app.
- Provides free workouts and tools for Men and Women
- Workouts that cover different types of training
- Add exercises to the library or choose existing ones
- Learn proper movements, Interval counter
- Private chat to talk with fitness professionals
If you're looking for a place to start when it comes to working out or you're tired of your same exercises it's time to shake things up with the Fitness Buddy FREE app. This app provides users which a massive selection of exercises they can perform. Each one features in-depth instructions and animations. There are also full workouts to browse. With over 1,000 HD videos and 1,700 unique exercises you know you aren't running out of content any time soon. After putting together your routine you can then track details here such as your body metrics and weight giving you an accurate look at your progress.
- There are more than 1,000 HD videos
- 1,700 unique exercises
- You can view full workouts
- Track your body metrics and weight to view your progress
Are you looking to achieve a personal best record when it comes to running? Maybe you just want to push yourself to see how far you can go. The Nike+ Running app makes it possible to track your runs so you can use this information to your advantage. It's not just a run-though: this one can be used for tracking your time on the treadmill, on a trail, and on the streets. The app works through the MotionX technology that combines the information from your device's accelerometer and its GPS. This information is used to track your time, pace, and distance. If you want to give yourself that extra push of motivation you can compare your stats with friends and work to get to the top of the Leaderboard.
- The app works on all devices including the Apple Watch
- Track your time, pace, and distance
- The app can be used on the treadmill, trail, or street
If you're looking for a personal trainer to provide you with the motivation you need to get and stay fit then look no further than the Nike+ Training Club app. This app has been designed by Nike of course and features more than 100 different workouts you can use. The app delivers non-stop motivation to users and after you set up your profile you'll be able to add friends and then train with them. While working hard why not snap some photos and then share them to your social networks for added motivation. You can also track things such as your average calories, minutes, and workouts.
- Rely on Nike as your personal trainer
- Get non-stop motivation from the app
- Track a number of details about your workouts
- There are more than 100 workouts that are described in the app
- You will see up your own profile
If you've set a personal health goal for yourself the next step is achieving it, but how do you plan to do that? The Workout Trainer app can be a great tool to use as it features thousands of workouts and programs that you can incorporate into your quest to get fit. The app is versatile so that you can use it at the gym or at home and it offers thousands of free multimedia workouts that are actually lead by personal trainers. Even if you’ve never worked out a day in your life you’ll be able to follow along with ease as everything is well-described.
- There are thousands of free multimedia workouts
- All workouts are led by personal trainers
- Any fitness level can use the app
- There is a virtual fitness assessment you can do for free
- Get reminders for scheduled workouts
If you're the type who likes to work out at the gym but would like a little direction and coaching then the Bodyweight Training app may be just the right level. This app features a workout plan that has been designed by Mark Lauren, who is a fitness instructor and bestselling author. This program can be used at the gym but if you’ve got a home gym at home you can just as easily follow the routine at home. The app features quick workouts that have been designed to deliver quick results. There are more than 200 exercises that are spread out in the 10 week fitness program.
- This app can be used in the gym or at home
- The app features a 10 week program
- The exercises have been designed to be quick to perform and deliver quick results
In order to know if your workout is effective you need a way to track your progress, which is what the Fitlist app can provide you with. Through this app you'll easily be able to log and track all your workouts so that you can watch yourself getting closer and closer to reaching your goal. The app supports all types of exercises - sports, circuit training, running, triathlons, weight loss, crossfit, bodybuilding, and cardio. It also supports all levels of fitness. You can create your own exercises and workouts, add it to a schedule on the calendar, plan future workouts, make use of the timers, and add notes to any workout.
- This one is meant for all fitness levels
- It supports all types of workouts
- There are a number of user-friendly tools, timers, and features
- The app is customizable
Do you want to know how close you are to reaching your personal fitness goal? The Map My Fitness app will help you by giving you a way to track your progress. This one is meant to be used as an activity tracker as well as a workout training tool. You'll be able to track all your GPS-based activities so you can see such details as the route, pace, elevation profile, distance, and your calories burned. As well you can track the gear you used for each work out. The app has more than 600 activities in its database so logging workouts is simple and fast.
- The database has more than 600 activities you can log and track
- The app is able to track GPS-based activities
- View such details as the route, pace, elevation profile, distance, and calories burned
- Track the gear you used for your workout