If you have just discovered that you are pregnant then you’ve got all kinds of excitement to look forward to, and planning of course. We are here to make the process a little bit smoother by putting together a list of apps all designed to help with pregnancy. These apps offer planning tools, tracking tools, ways to store thoughts/ideas, tips, information, some have chat forums, reviews on baby products, and more. First time and experienced parents will have plenty to browse through here.
The best iPad apps for pregnancy
17 May 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Most people are familiar with the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" books, so you'll probably be thrilled to hear about the mobile companion tool. The Pregnancy & Baby app is meant to be used through the entire pregnancy. You can track and read information that is broken down into a weekly, daily, and even hourly basis. It will give you a whole new appreciation and understanding of what happens with you and baby during pregnancy. The app can be personalized, you can get support through the community, check out the daily feed, and discover what your baby is doing developmentally each day.
- Learn what to expect each week, day, and hour during pregnancy
- The app can be customized
- Rely on the community for support
- Get tips, information, and help
- Track your own personal details
Keeping track of your pregnancy is something that the majority of moms do. It's a way of making sure that everything is progressing as it should, and helps moms make their way through the nine month period. The Ovia Pregnancy Tracker and Baby Calendar app was created to give moms a user-friendly and quick way to track items such as your symptoms, weight gain, the food you've eaten, your exercise, your medication and vitamins, your sleep schedule, and even your mood. Additionally, there are all kinds of articles within the app that are meant to be informative and interesting.
- Keep track of a number of different things throughout your entire pregnancy
- There are more than 400 informative articles to explore
- There is a community that you can chat with in an anonymous way
- The app can be personalized
- This is a free pregnancy app
Count and log every time your baby is kicking. It’s a wonderful way to track the development of your baby and to feel more connected. View dates and times of kicking, enter information quickly and easily, share kicking information with others, input last menstrual period, password protected, Touch ID pass code, Dropbox support, Help Documents and many more wonderful features. If you are pregnant, this is a great app to track all of that precious baby kicking fun.
- Track all of your baby kicks
- View dates, times and duration of kicks
- Share kicking data with others
- Password and Touch ID protected
- Dropbox integrated, Help Documents
While there are a number of apps that help you track your pregnancy, it may be that you haven't quite made it there yet and you are still trying to get pregnant. The Glow app is able to track your period, fertility, and ovulation cycles so that you know when the ideal time is to try to conceive a child. On the flip side, this app can be used to help you avoid getting pregnant if that's not something you want to do. To keep your information secure, it can be synced to the Cloud and used with a variety of other health-based apps.
- There are a variety of tracking tools to make use of
- Track your fertility, period, and ovulation cycle
- Use the information to try to get pregnant or avoid getting pregnant
- Information can be synced to the Cloud
- Use this information with other health-based apps
Entering into labor means the time has come for baby to be born. With that being said, you'll need to be keeping track of a few key details so you know when it's time to visit the hospital and/or contact your doctor. The Full Term app provides users with a few important tools such the kick counter which helps you figure out how often baby is kicking. The contraction timer is another good tool to have. Each time a contraction starts tap on the button, then when it ends, tap on that button again. The app then uses this data to start tracking your own personal labor experience.
- The app can be used for keeping track of contractions
- The app is quick and very simple to use
- Use the app to keep track of fetal kicks
- There are all kinds of helpful information within the app
- There are additional tools and trackers available in the app
Going to checkups to hear your baby’s heartbeat can be a thrilling and wonderful experience. If you truly enjoy this, then check out the BabyScope app. This app makes it possible to hear the sounds of your baby's heartbeat without any need for additional accessories or equipment. Each time your device's internal microphone hears the heartbeat, it will increase the volume so you can hear it "beat". A really fun tool is the fact you can record this heartbeat so you can share it with baby’s dad, your parents, friends, and anyone else.
- Listen to your baby’s heartbeat whenever you want
- No need for additional equipment or accessories
- The app can be used from week 30 of your pregnancy and on from there
- Record the sounds of your baby’s heartbeat
- Recordings can be shared on social networks and by email
It doesn't matter if you're a first-time mom or if this is your second, third, or even more, it is often a scary experience as you try to figure things out. The Preggie app has been developed to give pregnant women and moms a place to chat, share thoughts, share tips, voice concerns, and just find someone who understands what you're going through. As well, it offers a due date countdown and a pregnancy tracker, both fun tools to use. The community is made up of women all around the world, giving you a real unique look into the life of moms.
- Meant for pregnant women and moms
- The community is filled with women from around the world
- Chat with others, share ideas, thoughts, tips, and feelings
- Use the pregnancy tracking tool
- Make use of the due date countdown
Instead of downloading a number of apps that are related to pregnancy, why not opt for the Maybe Baby 2016 app which provides you with a number of tools and trackers in one. Use this app to help you get pregnant in the first place with the menstrual calendar, there is the period tracker, the ovulation and fertility diary, and also the gender predictor (which is really fun). This one is a great combination of helpful tools and trackers mixed with some fun and excitement – exactly like a pregnancy should be!
- Make use of the menstrual calendar
- There is a period tracker
- The ovulation and fertility diary can be quite useful
- The gender predictor is fun to use
- The app takes the place of multiple apps in one
If there was ever a time in your life where you could use a planning tool of some sort it's when you're pregnant! Pregnancy and the baby's first few months after being born tend to be a bit of a blur for tired moms so the Giggly app can prove to be quite useful during this time. This app has been designed to act as your memory book if you will. Use the maternity countdown photo editor to capture your changing size, keep track of your pregnancy due date, the app can help you find that perfect name, and once baby arrives you can continue to track all those important moments with baby, such as all the monumental firsts.
- Use this app while pregnant and during the first months of baby’s life
- Make a photo diary during your pregnancy
- Browse through names in the app to help you find the perfect one
- Keep track of your due date
- Save and share the information you record
There are all kinds of things that happen during pregnancy, some are exciting, some are exhausting, and others are just plain confusing! Track them all with the Pregnancy Tracker! app that has been designed for all pregnant women. When you launch the app, you'll be treated to customized music in the background, there is a journal you can use, more than 500 different pregnancy related articles to browse through, a variety of trackers, and even the ability to add daily photos to track your changing shape. One of the most fun things in the app is the ability to read how your baby is changing and growing each day and week.
- Read about what your baby is up to developmentally each day and week
- Track a variety of aspects in your pregnancy
- Keep a photo diary/tracker
- There are pregnancy related articles to read
- Customized music plays in the background
There are a number of things pregnant women are told to avoid eating and drinking during pregnancy, which can leave you feeling a bit bored with the "safe" options. Not to worry, the Pregnancy Recipes app is here to help. Within this app, you'll find not just a large collection of recipes, but detailed easy-to-follow instructions for each. You can set up your own meal plan so you aren't scrambling at the last moment to think of something, find recipes in all categories, bookmark the ones you enjoy the most, and get tips on making healthy meals.
- The app provides access to a large selection of healthy recipes
- There are appetizers, desserts, mains, snacks, smoothies, and more
- Set up a meal plan to take the guesswork out of things each night
- Bookmark your favorite recipes
- Read tips on healthy cooking