Once upon a time, TV shows like Lost and 24 aired once a week and most people watched them live so they could be part of the weekly conversations that dissected them. Today, the popularity of DVRs and on-demand streaming has subdued that conversation. For shows on streaming services like Netflix that upload entire new seasons at once, it doesn't exist. TV Yapp brings it back.
TV Yapp was developed for people who want to talk about TV without fear of spoilers. Rather than wait until you've watched the entire new season of Stranger Things, you can find other people who are up to the same episode you are and create group chats to discuss what you just saw. Furthermore, you can create chats with your friends even if everyone in the group isn't up to the same episode. Only those who are caught up will receive notifications and messages. Once your friends do catch up, they can enter the chat room and read what was previously said. In short, TV Yapp allows you to watch a show at your own pace and never miss out on the conversation.
- Track the shows you and your friends are watching and the episodes seen.
- Create chat groups by inviting friends who have seen the episode you wish to discuss.
- Include friends who are watching the show but are behind you. They won't receive any messages until they catch up. Once they do, they can join the discussion and not miss out on what was already said!
- Keep the same group together and discuss the next episode with a push of a button. No need to wait for others to watch or worry about spoiling anything! Just spill your thoughts and your friends will only see them when they're ready.
- Search for people nearby who watch the same shows you do. Maybe meet that special someone who's down to re-watch all 121 episodes of Lost with you.