DAV-E is a WebDAV client for the iPhone.
WebDAV is a wide-spread extension of the HTTP/1.1 protocol. Many servers support WebDAV (such as Microsoft IIS, Apache moddav, Tomcat and Jackrabbit, Xythos, Apple MobileMe iDisk).
Using DAV-E you can
* access your MobileMe iDisk (http://idisk.me.com/
* access webspace of many providers (box.net, soonr, GMX etc.)
* connect to a WebDAV server
* navigate files and folders
* view resource meta data (properties)
* display file content (if supported, see below)
* delete files and collections
* rename files and collections
* create new collections
* upload pictures, either stored images or shots taken with the iPhones camera
* create and edit new text files
* edit and update existing text files
* rename, copy and move files
* search for resources (if supported by the server)
* send a resource via email (as link or attachment)
* browse the repository and display file content without an internet connection using a persistent database cache
The supported file types are:
* movies (subset)
* audio (subset)
* Word (subset)
* Excel (subset)
* iWork (if saved uncompressed incl. a preview)
You can open all files with other programs ("open in..." dialog). Using this mechanism files can be copied to other locations (like Dropbox).
A build-in persistent database cache can be used. This increases the speed while browsing the repository and displaying properties and content. You can even work offline! The size and expiry of the cache is configurable.
If you like detailed informations or the answers to common questions please visit the "DAV-E Support" link below. If there are any problems with the product please contact us via eMail!