Sight Words and Digraphs application is designed keeping young kids in mind. It is very ideal for kids between the ages 5 to 8. It is an excellent application for kids to have fun with words and their spellings. This application will help kids to learn and identify sight words and digraphs.
IMPORTANT: This application assumes that kids can blend/read words.
This application is loaded with lot of features:
- Very simple design. Kids need to just touch the answer.
- There are two options to choose from.
Sight Words: A set of sight words (also known as Dolch Word List) are mixed with non sight words and shown to the kids. Kids need to identify the sight words by touching them. In the phonics world, sight words are the words that doesn't follow the blending rules. http://www.thephonicspage.org/On%20Reading/sightwords.html provides more information about sight words.
Digraphs: A set of words starting with digraphs (sh,ch,wh,th) are mixed with words starting with non-digraphs. Kids need to identify the words starting with digraphs.
- Once the kids identify the correct answer, shaking the iphone will take them to a new problem.
- Every time kids pick the answers they get appreciated with surprise appreciation (real voice)
- After every 5 successive correct answers different colored stars appear as their rewards. Kids love this.
This app is fun learning experience for kids which would help them in
- Positive reinforcement
- Logical thinking.
- Surprises and rewards
- Very simple design
- Vibrant colors
- Attractive backgrounds.
Once a kid plays with this application he/she will want to play till the end of the game to see the surprises. The sounds and colors have been carefully selected. The voices are also recorded by a kid.
You can visit us at http://sightwords.anusen.com. If things go well, we have some exciting upgrades on our pipe-line.
Sight words & Digraphs
Fun learning tool