A comprehensive English dictionary and thesaurus with 70,000 professionally recorded audio pronunciations.
The WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 70,000 audio pronunciations
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms and similar words
- British, US and Australian words, pronunciations and spellings
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. In addition there's a fast pattern-matching word search feature, great for crosswords and other puzzles, or finding that word you've forgotten.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling, sounds-like and often-confused suggestions
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb (unlike audio in dictionary.com). A smaller version without audio is also available - search iTunes for WordWeb.
[To hear sound make sure sound is no muted on your device; on iPad check the toggle -not volume - switch at the side]