Rectools02 is a recording application by Yudo who also is the creator of the in japan top ranked (all categories) Matrix Music Pad and 8 Bitone. Rectools is different from other normal recording applications. You can make high quality recordings without compression, record up to 12 hours, edit your audio clips directly in the application and more! For more information please watch our homepage. If you are looking for a multi track recording application please look up our Rectools08.
Yudo rectools is a stereo compatible linear PCM recorder that is perfectly suited for recording live concerts, your surroundings, meetings and much more. Unlike WMA or MP3 rectools uses a linear PCM format which means that no data will get lost due to compression. The original sound will stay intact, with rectools it's possible to make recordings with the same high quality as a music CD.
Furthermore rectools is tested and compatible with the iPhone microphone and several external 3rd party iPhone/iPod microphones. Also an optional limiter that protects you from sound deformation due to too load input and a high pass filter that filters away low frequencies is implemented. Moreover rectools includes a wave editor which makes it possible to easily process and edit your recordings.
* 44.1khz 16bit Stereo Recording (CD quality). note that If you use the inbuilt microphone you can only make mono recordings.
* Wave editing: Recorded material can easily be processed and edited.
* Limiter; To prevent deformed sound due to too load input. Holds the volume under a fixed threshold.
* High pass filter: Removes sounds below low frequency sounds below 300hz like noise from the air or other low frequency sounds that is taken up by the microphone.
* Input Gain: Control the volume of your input.
* Monitoring: Listen while you are recording.
* Markers: Put markers at important places within your recording and access them easily later.
* PC-sync: Send your recorded data via WI-FI to a computer in the same network as your iPhone/iPod
Supported formats for recording: Linear PCM (WAV) 44.1Khz/16 bit 22.05Khz/16 bit 11.025Khz/16 bit in either stereo or mono.
Recording time: Record up to 12 hours (depending on free space)
Tested and works with: iPodTouch(2nd) + Apple's In-Ear headphones with remote and mic / The iPhone microphone / Alesis's ProTrack / Logitec's LIC-iREC01 / Tunewear's CAPSULE Mic / Stereo Sound Recorder for iPod.
Rectools is a next generation handheld audio production studio which makes fully use of the iPhone / iPodTouch interface. It lets you not just record but also edit and process music and sound directly with your fingertip.
If you in some way have problems or any requests for Rectools02 don't hesitate to contact us via our website. the address is: http://www.yudo.jp/music/rectools/contact
We will go through all received mails one by one. We are waiting for your mail.
We will have a FAQ site in english ready soon.