SteelShapes is a powerful tool for structural engineers. It contains a database of the most frequently used steel shape such as: double T, L, C, flange flanked L, round tubes, rectangular hollow channels, welded box from double T steel shapes and cables.
For each of those shapes the program shows:
- the dimensional properties
- the inertial properties
- the basic classification for normal force and flexure around - the main axes YY e ZZ according to Eurocode 3
- the distribution of shear stress (or shear flux) for shear action in YY or ZZ direction and the warping function
- the resistent bending moments (reduced if the section is in class 4) and the allowable loads for some beam span using the schema of simple pinned beam
- the max normal force allowable as a function of the beam span using a simple pinned beam schema.