Wirelessly remote your Windows Media Center now! Browse your music library (with covers), enqueue music, create playlists ... all without your TV running.
This is a free lite version of vmcMote.
vmcMote allows you to wirelessly access and control the music functionality of your Windows Vista© or Windows 7 Media Center. It enables you to browse your library, search music, play/enqueue tracks, view the current playing track, the in-track position, create and manage playlists (on device only), enqueue radio streams ...
Important: You need to install a server component on your Media Center! The vmcMote server is an Addin for Windows Media Center.
What users say in the reviews:
- AA 1238905 on vmcMote: “All I wanted to do was select music for computer to feed to stereo without turning on TV and I find this brilliant for that. …”
- nutcola on vmcMote HD: “ I use my media center (win7) all the time for music, but found it annoying to have to fire up my tv to choose music … With this app I now don’t have to; I can just browse through my library and start playing stuff quickly from my iPad. …”
- Nexus446 on vmcMote: “…, I find the search function awesome on this app, much quicker than a remote keypad! …”
- Thejtiggiy on vmcMote HD: “WOW – That summs it up. If you have a iPad and a Windows Media Center PC this is a must have. …”
- View the currently playing music track and its cover.
- View the current playlist (Music).
- Windows 7/8 only: View a currently played Video, jump to a position inside it.
- Play/pause, next track, previous track, change shuffle/repeat.
- Jump to positions inside a track via slider, slider has different speeds.
- Library View (Albums, Artists, Genres, Radio Streams, Search, Cover Support).
- Remote a random subset of 100 Track Infos of your Media Center music library.
- Playlist View (Manage, Edit, Rename, Play, Enqueue Playlists – Note: On Device Only)
- Remote View (A simple remote and virtual keyboard).
- Highly configurable, e.g. different color themes.
- Multi server support.
- Offline mode.
The full version lets you control your full music library.
SERVER SIDE REQUIREMENTS
- Windows© 7 32/64 Bit or Windows Vista© 32 Bit with Media Center or Windows 8© with Media Center
- .NET Framework 3.5 or higher (already included in Windows 7 and 8)
- vmcMote Server, available from http://vmcmote.blogspot.com
- Please visit http://vmcmote.blogspot.com/search/label/help if you have any problems with vmcMote.
NOT supported features:
- No Extender Support
- No Incremental Database Updates
- There is and will be no video/TV/recordings library. This tool is mainly intended to give access to Media Center functionality you naturally do not need a running TV to consume them. However, under Windows 7 and 8, you get the information about a just playing video.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 and Windows 8 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.