Take a whirl on State Spin, a delightful and highly visual guide to some of the most relevant and interesting information about the 50 states.
This application includes 400 images of natural wonders and local plant and animal life, including pictures from such iconic locations as snow-capped Mount Rainier, Washington, and hidden gems like a coastal waterfall at Julia Pfeiffer State Park, California.
Use the easy and enjoyable scroll wheel to quickly glide through all images in a selected category (for example, view all state flowers), or to scan all categories for a given state (such as all facts/images about Hawaii).
In addition to its aesthetic appeal, State Spin is a road trip must-have and a great educational tool for people looking to improve their knowledge of state facts and destinations. Selected features include:
· Full-color state logos – State Spin taps the whimsical state tourism logos to form its scrolling 50-state directory, including such long-time favorites as the “I [heart] NY” logo and the Georgia Peach.
· State facts – Need to know the highest point in Nebraska? The state with the largest land area (Alaska)? The population of Minnesota? State Spin makes it easy and fun to locate these relevant state facts.
· Nickname – With dramatic background imagery unique to each state, State Spin presents the state nickname in easy-to-read font. The photos conjure up some of the best landscapes and most iconic settings that each state has to offer—including such fun and quirky highlights such as the lurking alligator in the Everglades (Florida's nickname: “The Sunshine State”)
· Birds – State Spin features John J. Audubon’s “Birds of America” images for a classic visual journey through the state birds. No two state bird images are repeated. In the few cases where Audubon did not paint a specified bird, State Spin offers a photograph as an alternative.
· Flowers and Trees – State Spin uses rich, full-color images to illustrate these natural beauties, from Alabama’s longleaf pine to Wyoming’s lovely Indian paintbrush. You can get more information about the pictures by touching the small information icon at the bottom right of the screen, including the photographer and a link to the original image online.
· Maps and Flags – Our state-level maps help you locate a state, its major features and bordering states. State Spin also includes full-color versions of the state flags.
· Quarters –Check your pockets to see how many states you have represented! State Spin includes images of all of the state quarters, many of which feature iconic representations from the states, such as Montana’s “Big Sky Country” quarter with a cow skull and Arizona’s “Grand Canyon State” desert landscape.
Added bonus: Shake State Spin to spin away on a random fact-generating adventure!