PasteCatcher runs a Bonjour client that copies text or image from your Macintosh clipboard to the iPhone pasteboard.
To use this application, please install a pasteboard server from http://ericasadun.com/ftp/pb.
The desktop pasteboard server is called PasteServer. Install it into your /Application folder, run it, and start the server by clicking "Start Pasteboard Server". This starts the Bonjour service used by the PasteCatcher application.
The command line pasteboard server is called pbserver. When run at the Mac command line, (i.e. via the Terminal application), it hosts the same Bonjour service used by this application.
Use either the desktop server or the command line server but not both at once.
* With the server running, copy text (from TextEdit or Mail, for example) or an image (from the Preview application, for example) on your Macintosh.
* Launch the iPhone application.
* The iPhone app queries the Mac server and copies the current clipboard text or image to the iPhone.
* Once received, the application reports the number of bytes pasted and the type of data sent.
* Press the home key and navigate to the application you want to paste into.
* Use the standard iPhone paste feature to access the pasteboard data. For example, you could paste text into Notes or pictures into Email.
WHY CAN'T I PASTE SOUND/VIDEO/ETC?
This release exclusively supports text and image pastes.
WHY ARE YOU CHARGING MONEY?
PasteCatcher is basically a fundraiser. I'm going to charge until I recoup my dev costs for next year.
WHAT IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR SUGGESTIONS OR BUG REPORTS?
Please send e-mail to email@example.com and include PasteCatcher in your subject line. Thanks!