VerseWise Bible® (Revised Standard Version) is the Bible (with optional deuterocanon) at your fingertips. It is optimized for easy, convenient reading.
The RSV is, as its preface states, "an authorized revision of the American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the King James Version, published in 1611." Its goal was to:
- Maintain the beauty of the King James
- Update the text to more modern English usage
- Take advantage of modern scholarship and the increased number of Bible manuscripts available
This release includes the option of having the deuterocanon (also known as the apocrypha) off or on. When off, one sees the Protestant canon of 66 books. When on, one also sees additional books and text from the Septuagint, the Greek Bible most commonly used during the time of Christ and Apostles, and the text most often used when the Old Testament is quoted in the New Testament epistles. This text should be of interest to all Christians, but especially Eastern Orthodox readers who regard the Septuagint as the biblical canon.
- Email selected verses or post to Facebook
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Quick navigation to any scripture
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- Returns exactly to last location and page position when app is revisited
- Automatically bookmarks your last location in each book and has a view history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Low light mode
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details.