The Boy Scout Handbook
A Guide to Adventure, A Guidebook for Life
A Handbook for the Past and the Future
You hold in your hands a century of Scouting. In addition to being a reference for
the youth of Scouting’s second century, this 12th edition of the Boy Scout Handbook
also honors the heritage of Scouts who came before you. It combines art from
previous editions with modern illustrations, photographs, and information.
As you browse through this app, take note of the elements that make it special.
- Quotes from past and present BSA leaders and literature will inspire you and remind you that Scouting’s values are timeless.
- Vintage artwork from Handbooks past will help you understand how Scouting skills have changed very little from a century ago.
- “In This Chapter” boxes will give you an idea of what you can expect, as well as a quick index when you’re looking for specific information.
- Photography is essential to a beautiful book. Three of the five professional photographers who worked on this edition are Eagle Scouts; one was a Life Scout and now has worked professionally for the BSA for 30 years; and the fifth is an adult Scouter!
- Toggle between full page view and text-only view
- Searchable Index
- Bookmark and store your favorite sections
We’re excited to bring you the first digital version of the Scout Handbook. We will continue to make updates to the features and functionality to make this the best application to suit your needs. Please email us at email@example.com with your comments.
Boy Scouts of America – http://www.scouting.org