The officially licensed release of Blockout® for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. The objective of the game is to stack falling blocks called polycubes as efficiently as possible within a three-dimensional grid. This new implementation pays respectful homage to the original arcade classic, while melding its absorbing gameplay with the intuitive interface of the iPhone platform:
• Use a swipe gesture to rotate a polycube on the X or Y axis
• Use a rotate gesture (thumb and index finger) to rotate a polycube on the Z axis
• Tap and hold to move a polycube left, right, up or down
• Double-tap a polycube to drop it immediately
Blockout features multiplayer, allowing two players to compete directly against each other in frenzied gameplay. Game Center is fully supported for leaderboards and achievements, so now you can test your mettle against other enthusiasts worldwide. Packaged as a universal binary, it has been optimized for both the iPad and the retina display of the iPhone 4.
Blockout utilizes In App Purchase. The first four levels of the game are playable. If you enjoy the game, you can use In App Purchase to add additional levels, multiplayer, and Game Center support. For a demonstration of gameplay, see the video at the developer website below.
• Solo or head-to-head gameplay
• Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements
• Natural, intuitive manipulation of polycubes
• Random pit dimensions for endless replayability
• Classic and modern game soundtracks
• Forty-one diverse polycubes, from simple to challenging
• Four different polycube sets: flat, basic, extended, and graded
• Game state saved for each polycube set
• Nostalgic Blockmaster from the coin-op arcade game
• Scoring accurate to the original arcade game
• Play in portrait or landscape mode
• Listen to your iPod during gameplay
• Fast load time with no splash screens
• No in-game advertising
Blockout is a registered trademark of Kadon Enterprises, Inc. (www.gamepuzzles.com), used by Robb Young under license.